hosting airbnb in israel

Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

hosting airbnb in israel

i have been hosting for 3 months and i am looking for other israelis so we can share stories and useful infomation 

25 Replies 25
Bruce43
Level 10
Kfar Blum, Israel

Nobody interested?    I will close the topic if nobody wants to post I suppose 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Bruce43,

Lovely to meet you. Sorry to see you haven't received any replies here yet, there are many experienced hosts here in the Community Center based all over the world though, perhaps you would like to share your stories with us all. I am sure we would love to hear them. 🙂 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie hello,as a american who has been living in israel for over 35 years i sometimes hear of horror stories about israel tourists.

i am new to airbnb and except for one jerk my guests have been amazing.i am meeting the nicest young couples.reading the many posts in the rooms i can see every country has its lousy guests,scammers and riff raff. i suppose its the same all over our little blue marble ?

I have just reserved a place in Jerusalem and my host has asked for a copy of my passport. Is this required?

@Juliet33 yes it is a law for hotels and the like.

almost everywhere in Europe and Asia have the same rules

it is no big deal.

bruce

Non-Israelis are exempt from the 17% VAT that Israelis must pay.  I  always ask my guests for a copy of the passport and the B2 Visa.  Without these on file I must charge the VAT tax.  If I'm audited and cannot produce proof that the place was rented by a non-Israeli, I must then pay the 17% out of my pocket.

הי אמיר אשמח אם תעזור לי

לאחר שאתה מבקש את ההוכחה לכך שהם לא תושבי המדינה אתה משתמש בקופי של הדרכון למס הכנסה ?

ובאיר בי אנ בי אתה מבטל את האופציה לקחת מעמ באופן אוטומטי? רק אם זה לקוחות ישראלים אתה מחזיר…?

Hi!

I'm just starting to use the communities, but was renting with Airbnb for several years.

Alexander267
Level 1
Haifa, Israel

Hi Bruce

I am ALEX in Haifa and just starting hosting. How do I find my first property to host?

@Alexander267 shalom Alex, I don't quite understand your question

Hi Bruce 

This forum is pretty hard to find...

I've noticed that same guests that stayed by me also visited at your place... if you need any assistance feel free to contact me and I'll share my experience with you.

Hi Matan 

nice to see you here with your an amazing experience  

so I am a host for some hostels in old city <jerusalem > Actually I'm looking  for your help to host small groups to stay at the old city and to host them to my ChefTravel tour program 

i wish to hear you soon 

thanks 

Hi Atef Are you hosting an experience with Airbnb ? If so i can share your link with my guests so they could experience your program 

Chef-Atef0
Level 2
Jerusalem, Israel

hello all 

I am a host for some hostels in old city 

I'm looking forward to working with hostels owners or Guesthouses  outside Jerusalem to host small groups in the old city of Jerusalem 

thanks all