how can I see how much AirBnB is charging my renters for local tax thru the auto remit function?

Karen845
Level 2
Bethesda, MD

how can I see how much AirBnB is charging my renters for local tax thru the auto remit function?

I am new to hosting - I see that AirBnB does auto payment and remit for local taxes, but I don't see how much they are collecting from my renters. How can I see that? And how can I tell if my rate is still competitive if I can't see that?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Karen845 , I simulated few bookings on your listing and could see the calculated amount of Tourists Tax.I also looked into the Help of Airnb, it says in your region it is 7% of the listing price including any cleaning fee and guest fee for reservations. I noticed the calculation of the Tourists Tax on your listing was exactly done like this.

Hope this helps, Emiel

Thank you! I don't see that myself. So, when the guest books it, they see the full price so it is no surprise to them? I assume the answer must be yes.  Thank you so much for your help!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Karen845 ,

You can also simulate bookings on your listing to see by yourself what guests are offered:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/22695551

(The renting price, the cleaning fee, the Airbnb service fee and the Tourists Tax)

Best regards, Emiel

Karen845
Level 2
Bethesda, MD

Thank you so much! I am still learning the ropes...