how do I specify a range for the number of guests the property can accomodate?

Eustace1
Level 2
Watford, United Kingdom

how do I specify a range for the number of guests the property can accomodate?

If I search for my property it is only listed as a property for 5 or 6 guests - I have specified 6 in the listing. If I search for a property for 4 guest for example, my property does not get listed, although I would be happy for the property to be used for such a number - in fact I'm happy with any amount of guests of 6 or less. This I feel is impacting my potential bookings.

7 Replies 7
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Eustace1 your listing does appear but four guests are more likely to book a place for 4 since it will be cheaper. Also, your 1 cancelation since 2017 and no reviews after don't seem inviting for guests too book, that might be a problem. 

Eustace1
Level 2
Watford, United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply. I have only had the house available for two weeks, and have several bookings already - so getting booking is not a problem so far. However, when I did a search for only 4 people I did not see my house at all. Are you saying you did a search for only 4 people and my house was listed?

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Eustace1 even if people search for 2 people your listing will come up but lower in the search results since obviously they will see listings for 2, 3, 4 or five people first, that is a lot of competition. Maybe if you have different prices for different number of people that would help but that opens the possibility to having guests bring unregistered people to avoid paying extra fee. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I searched for your property with 2, 4, 6 guests and it came up in the first page of the search, @Eustace1 .  Do you charge according to the number of guests?  That is do you have an extra guest charge after 2 or 3 guests?  

Eustace1
Level 2
Watford, United Kingdom

Thanks for checking - I thought it didn't come up for fewer guests.

I have a set price for the entire property

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Eustace1 I also did a search in Watford for 4 guests/entire place and your house came up in the first 10 listed. You're not looking through the Airbnb Plus list are you? (These are listed first).

Eustace1
Level 2
Watford, United Kingdom

Thanks Kathy - I will go back and re-check (still a bit new to the platform!)