how do I transfer my listing to somone else now that I have sold the house?

Helen34
Level 2
Marino, Australia

how do I transfer my listing to somone else now that I have sold the house?

6 Replies 6
Anne-And-Vince0
Level 2
Boronia, Australia

Helen the short answer is you do not transfer the listing.
It is personally associated with you, your reviews, your
payments etc.

You unlist when you no longer want to host guests.

To do this go to manage listing and change the drop box
on the lower left from "Listed" to "Unlisted".

Should the new owners wish to host under AirBnB then
they create their own listing.

Cheers  Vince

thanks for that Vince, but how do I preserve my advance bookings for the new owner?

Kate314
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Helen,

did you get a resolution to this? About to settle on a property which we will continue to run for lettings. I understand I need to create a profile, but how do I manage the forward bookings and payments?

appreciate any help, kate 

I sold my house and the new owner wants to keep the reviews and "stars" from the house, how can I "transfer" this to his profile? Is it possible?

Betsy13
Level 5
Houston, TX

Surely there is some way to do this?  In fact, I am going to ask my friend about it.  He bought an Airbnb that he used to rent and I can see on his listing that he has reviews from years prior to his purchasing the home.  It's a shame that Airbnb won't provide guidance for this.  

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Betsy13 

Betsy, you need to understand with short term rental, the review system only works if it is linked to the account holder. It is the host who accumulates the reviews, not the property, and a property's past history stays with the host, it is not transferable to someone who has no track record, no experience.

Everything that has been said about a property's past reservations would be completely useless as a guide to the future if the person who controlled those reservations was no longer on the scene.  Everyone hosts in a different way, with a different style.

Reviews stay with the host who generated them. 

Where attempting to transfer a property gets complicated, each listing is tied to the account holder, who is the 'listing admin' person, and  you cannot transfer the listing admin person.  As a new purchaser the listing admin could make you the primary host for that property, add your bank account info to the profile and let you manage that listing as if it were your own......but they would still own the reviews, you could claim them, but not in your own right, only in conjunction with the listing admin!

And not too many people want to continue a long term association with a property they have disposed of and no longer have any control over!

Betsy there is nothing stopping a property's existing host unlisting the property and another person relisting it as a new account holder......but the new account holder can't take the properties past with them, that always remains with the previous host!

Cheers........Rob