how do i calculate what my total payout will be before i make a special offer to a guest?

Noa0
Level 2
Australia

how do i calculate what my total payout will be before i make a special offer to a guest?

Hi there,

I want to make a special offer for a guest but I always find it a bit tricky on airbnb- how do I calculate how much my total payout will be before I decide on the special offer?

7 Replies 7
Hubert0
Level 3
Bellevue, WA

It should be straightfoward for you: you would pay 3% of airbnb host fee. So if you offer $100, you could expect to get $97 payout.

The base price the guest will see is $100, but there will be other fees (and taxes if applicable) on top of that. So the final amount the guest see won't be $100. However, guests will see a breakdown in their view.

Hi,

I just starting as a host less than a month, and i found a lil bit different calculation that airbnb supposed to pay me.

i sell for $65, guest booked for 28 nights...which i supposed to get $1,820 ($65 x 28 nights) but i only received around $1,218 for the total nights.

Can somebody inform me the calculation...

Even i give a special discount 30% for 1 month stay, the calculation supposed to be...

$65 x 30 days = $1,950

Discount 30% = $1,950 - 30% = $1,365

Host Fee 3% = $1,324

Differences = $1,324 - 1,218 = $106

Please help...

Thx

@Do0na,

You said the guest booked for 28 nights, but you seemed to calculate for 30 nights? BTW, Airbnb applied "monthly discount" to any booking with 28 nights or longer. The upside for the host is the cancellation policy will become "long-term".

$65 x 28 = $1,820

$1,820 - 30% = $1,274 <- this is what you should expect

If your payout method is USD, and the price is set as USD, then $1,274 should be the payout. However, I am not sure if there's any foreign currency involved. With that said, there's still some difference. I don't really know then.

the $56 difference would be what Airbnb keeps. 

Wiletha0
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

I am new host and have minimum smart price per night at 78. monthly discount is 49% and 20% discount for first 3 bookings plus 60 cleaning fee. How can my payout for 30 days come to 769?

I can get close by

(78x30)+60=2400.

49% discount = 1176

20% discount = 480

(2400-1176-480)*.97=722 (.97 factor is Abb 3% fee)

Having more than 1 discount applying is risky as they will compound in some way (I guessed at worst case for host).

Not wishing to interfere but a 49% monthly discount is equivalent to giving 2 weeks free for every 4 weeks booked. It might be better to aim for 50% occupancy at the full rte and save on wear and tear.

Yes i got stung this way, with the newbie discount which was auto set  added to long term discount ( like, no regular store adds multiple discounts together ever!, was not expecting that! ) and i wont touch smart pricing or instant booking again. The final price was 30% of my full price! and for a 6 week block. when you are new you must go live before you can sort all these settings out. Unfair.  And they put the fear of god into you lest you knock back yr first booking. This was a disaster for me. Discounts should not be compounded. Dont get caught.