how do i recieve a payment as a new host

how do i recieve a payment as a new host

hi guys,

i am new to air bnb. i read the section on payment but i am still not sure how do i recieve te payment from guest, i am asking because i aleeady have 2 reservations acceptec through the instant booking. how do i link my bank account to air bnb? and when should i do it? before the guests come? or after?

1 Reply 1
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ivan196,

The article below has instructions on linking your bank account to Airbnb.

How do I add a payout method?

The address you give should be the address the bank has for you.

When you enter your details - address, IBAN etc. Airbnb will deposit a small amount like €0.01 to make sure that transactions work.

A few days after that they will mark your payout method as "Ready"meaning that it's set up to receive payments.

You can check the status by going to your payout preferences and looking at the "Status" column.

You should do this as soon as possible so it's ready before your first guests stay.

Doing it after guests stay is still possible but then Airbnb has to hold the money until you set up the payout method and there may then be a firther delay in receiving the money.

While the guest payed Airbnb immediately when they booked, you get paid a day or so after the guests check in with you.

Steve.