how does a guest confirm an alteration request?

Rosemary9
Level 1
San Diego, CA

how does a guest confirm an alteration request?

This is an issue that has been confusing for guests (and me) for years.  Whenever I send an alteration request the guest seems to not receive any sort of notification of it.  They are willing to confirm it but neither of us knows how they do so.  Any info would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I think you are referring to a Special Offer, which will take precedent over what has already been booked. As you rightly point out, guests have to accept the new offer for it to be valid. 

We don't give that many Special Offers, but have found that we have alwasy had to chase the guest and ask them to approve the new ££. It's at the bottom of the message they receive, but I don't think they see it...even when it's in their favour. 

Mala0
Level 7
Torquay, United Kingdom

Hiya,

I sent 2 alteration requests to upgrade guests from one room to another as i couldnt get back from work to clean the listed room.  So one guest tried several times to activate the link but couldnt, i found that annoying as i was bothering her to do this in the first place, albeit i had upgraded her.  I messaged Airbnb and they said they would need to ask the guest, so they did and it went through. if they are going to make it hard why put up the link to self do?.  The other guest i upgraded had no problems and it was done in a jiffy. They gave me 5 stars for all the areas but 4 for overall experience, although they saved £50 and had a lovely room and extra's.  I asked for feedback on the 4 stars for overall and they said no t.v and no cupboard space, both i had listed in my page!... should have said i put i put not going to have you again as you are ungrateful and having a loud agruement with your wife and generally booming your voice as you are deaf i should have given you one star!.lololol. but hey im not bitter... 😉  Hope you get it sorted.  Mala