how much coffee do you supply?

Julie1525
Level 4
Mabton, WA

how much coffee do you supply?

My last 2 guest stays were one day and 3 days. The guests who were here 3 days drank a whole 1.5 lb. container of Starbucks coffee. They were only here early in the morning and then got back about 8 pm. The guest who stayed a single night prepared 2 full pots of coffee, used a dozen creamers and as many packets of sugar. She threw out most of the coffee she brewed. Such a waste and expense! In hotels, they leave 2 packets of coffee and replace any used ones the next day. Am I being stingy by thinking that supplying an unlimited amount of coffee sets me up for being depleted by such guests? Would I be better off by getting a smaller coffee pot? I don't drink coffee, so I don't really know what is normal.

68 Replies 68

@Julie1525  Haha, you are only the second person I've ever heard say (and I'm almost 70), the other being a close friend, that they hate the smell of coffee. 

@Julie1525 

I personally think your decision to switch to starbucks via is good 🙂

Just one more suggestion.........maybe consider including one type of 3-in-1 to your instant coffee offerings?? I personally hate 3-in-1 and drink only black coffee but my dad loves the stuff and will only drink coffee with heapings of cream (or milk) and sugar added.

Is that coffee that has creamer and sugar already in it?

@Julie1525 

Yes. 3-in-1 is the stuff with coffee, creamer and sugar. 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

This a great topic, really enjoying your insights and learning a lot! I will shamefully sip my Starbucks as I trawl through the tips!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

The same question is applicable for toilet paper.

Some guests could use one roll of toilet paper in one bathroom trip. I saw the basket is full of clean unused toilet paper teared by some guests.

Some guests leave all lights on after they leave the house. It is the same kind of thing as well.

Sometimes I have to kindly remind the guests about not wasting. But I am afraid of offending them and get a bad review. Hopefully to hear some advices from other hosts.

Erika443
Level 1
Pompano Beach, FL

I found a smart container for coffee pods that automatically reorders when it's running low, so I never have to worry about my guest running out of coffee or asking me to reorder. 

https://www.amazon.com/WePlenish-Replenishment-VertuoLine-OriginalLine-Reordering/dp/B076DNWX5B/ref=...

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

I get coffee from the discount section at the store and I offer a coffee press, a coffee grinder and a Keurig at each property. I also offer Honey, Caramel & Chocolate.

I do not offer dispoable cups. when I offered disposable cups they used more coffee and they used the dispoable cups to drink water. Disposable cups are a waste of money.

I think everyone is failing to consider the price of the listing. In my market average nightly price is 25$ a night. After I pay for utilities there is very little left. I can't include 5$ worth of coffee. I tried. 

If your charging 200$ a night then a few dollars of coffee should be included and part of a higher end listing.