i really need your help !!!!

Sophie446
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

i really need your help !!!!

hello 🙂

i am a new host here so can anyone suggest me or give any kind of recommendation how can i  get more bookings for my apartment.

i have made a professional photos, the location is perfect, price is low but still i dont really get much bookings,

few days ago on the dashboard was indicated that the photoes were suitable for the site but now it has somhow changed, any ideas ?

i'm a little bit confused 🙂

looking forward to hearing from you friends 🙂

thanks

21 Replies 21
Sophie446
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

www.airbnb.com/r/sophiom6   check my listing please and ready to hear yor recommendations 🙂

Mark360
Level 3
London, United Kingdom

Hi Sophie, good advice from Branka and Silvia. However things can be a little quieter in December and January. Keep doing what you're doing and it will come together I'm sure.

Love the bathroom.

Mark

Thanks Mark 🙂 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Sophie446 

It is obvious  the apartment is spacious, new, or at least newly renovated. But, I am not a big fan of light blue walls.... it looks  bit cold 😞  If you like blue color then dark blue on one wall and white on others would be better if you ask me.

My advice:

buy a good size rug and place is in front of the sofa.

Put big pictures on few walls,

move dining table behind the sofa...  or even better try to rearange sofa and table so people see each other if some of them sit on the sofa and others by the table.

Place some flowers, glasses, plates, decorations etc ... and then take pictures again in a way that the window is also in the picture (now it looks like there is just one window in the whole apartment, like it's in the basement.)

Put few chairs and a table on the balcony , few pots with plants would be nice touch too.

I hope it helps 🙂

Thanks for advice it really means too much for me 🙂

@Sophie446 your listing looks very nice!

Your photos are also good. There are a few tall photos (I think wide photos are preferred), but I don't think the photos are the problem.

When I searched in your specific neighborhood, your listing was on the first page, (#17 of 87), but that was with the map showing just very close nearby. There are a LOT of AirBnB listings in Tblisi it seems, so there is much competition.

Are there busy and slow seasons for travelers in Tblisi? I do not know the area, so I don't know if people like to travel there in the winter or summer or spring. Sometimes bookings are slow because there is not much travel to the whole city.

You have good reviews so far! You need more reviews so the stars appear.

It is very difficult to get started with a new listing, since you need reviews (but how do you get more guests without stars and reviews?)

Even though your price is already good, some hosts (just to get started) will offer special discounts so they can get more early guests because they really need the Stars and Reviews.

It is not that your listing is not worth more (it is!), but to overcome guests' reluctance to try an apartment with few reviews, hosts offer special incentives. Once you get going and have more reviews, then you can put your price back where it belongs.

Thanks for your suggestions Matthew 🙂

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

“$38 per night
Book
If you are looking for the best location a bright, cozy, and comfortable apartment in a the very center of the city , our place is the right choice to stay . You will love our location!”

@Sophie446 I am terrible at this but I would work my description something like the above.

As a companion, I’ll paste yours here-

“$38 per night
Book
If you are looking for a bright, cozy, lovely and comfortable apartment in a very center of the city , our place is the right one to stay . Being there you will love it.”.

just a couple of buzz words like “choice” and “love” and “best” trigger people. You are doing amazing. Keep moving forward. 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a Host’

Thaaanks a lot 🙂

Deedee7
Level 2
Running Springs, CA

Okay in the beginning you will invest in a few key items that will make your home super cozy looking. It sucks to spend the money now but you will make it back 10 fold soon. Remember to save all of your reciepts for tax write offs too!

Things I would add to your home:

A. A big white furry rug infront of the sofa and under coffee table. They have these at tjmax, walmart, etc..

B. A big mirror on the wall next to sofa. It will  make the room look bigger and give an adiitional area for guests to get ready.

C. The bed looks uncomfortable, so add some plush cozy throw pillows and a Cozy fuzzy throw blanket on the end of the bed.

D. Art. You can go to the local thrift store to find some of the above items and also funky art already framed for a few bucks to throw on the walls. 

Your curtains are absolutely beautiful and that sofa is to die for! I think you have all the right ideas and will be succesful. Just look at your home froom an outside perspective and imagine yourself after a long flight wanting to kick your shoes off and jump into a warm cozy bed or sofa. People like plush, they love being cozy! GBest of luck to you and Welcome to Hosting!

-Deedee

Heey Deedee thanks for your advice. U are absolutely right. I have a lot of ideas about  walls, i even chose photoes that suits perfectly... and yea thats right it needs to invest money. So im trying to add more details and i will for sure make new photos     Again:) 

well thas very bad that the bed looks not so comfortable as it is inreality.. in fact it is very soft and fluffy :)) well everything i buy     Try to bee of a high quality.. so i guess your recommendtions will help me because this is in fact exactly what i was thinking about:)  My guests already told me that they liked my place more than thay have expcted and on the other hand it ws really nice to hear :))

@Deedee7, it is very nice of you to offer the great advice to @Sophie446!

Please don't forget though: the "Georgia" for Sophie's listing is the *Republic* of Georgia (a country, not a state), next to Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey, and Russia.

My understanding is that there are far fewer TJMaxx and Walmart stores in Tbilisi, Georgia than in the lovely US state of Georgia. (I believe there are none.)

The advice still applies though. I am sure there are great places in Tbilisi to acquire the items you describe.

Yea Matthew you are absoultely right. Well we dont have Walmart orTJMaxx but here are much local spots and famous shops to get nice items 🙂

@Sophie446, Tbilisi looks like such a beautiful place to visit!

While I was searching to see if there were any Walmarts in Georgia, I saw very pretty pictures of Tbilisi and some of the sights. What a fascinating city with such history!

I hope someday to travel there.