illegal airbnb bangkok

Sawasdee0
Level 2
Bangkok, Thailand

illegal airbnb bangkok

hi, I am a host of condo in Thailand. Look like now is more strict, many condo not allow for daily rent and weekly rent.

Honestly I am a host and I feel really unconfortable with this sign as well, Also our guests always asking about this, so they not feel safe while stay in. 

I have in my descript as well that they will see it when arrived. But I am not sure if guests can cancel or not because of this reason???

The sign board show as below : 

"This place is for resident only, NOT HOTEL.

Day/week rentals are not allowed and illegal.

if you are one who do not know the (although not on the sign I think the word Law should be here) in Thailand please report to the Juristic person office immediately.

Traveller who do not report to the juristic person will be sent to the police station as trespasser and prosecuted by maximum law.

Resident who find people who might be day/week rental please report to the juristic person office immediately.

Also have new sign board :

NO AIRBNB   (Very BIG letter) 

This condominium is permitted to use for residential purpose only.

In case any violation is found manangement will coordinate with related government agencies to take legal action.

2 Replies 2

Yes it is very annoying

Vitally0
Level 1
Rīga, LV

As a resident I must say it is very annoying to see all these Airbnb guests to occupy pool/gym/coworking space etc, these are only for residents of the condo! I’m very glad my condo is trying to ban these guests and I am always reporting suspicious guests who are clearly daily/weekly renting through Airbnb! In these building this should not be allowed as there are internal rules set by Juristic office!