inbox

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

inbox

Some personal remarks about the INbox (using a computer):

In former days when starting communicating with a guest, there was only one communication screen with info related to this specific guest.

Now the whole "inbox theatre" is thrown into your face, which is not only cluttering up the screen, but also distracts you from your task.

Also loading time is very slow as all the (not wanted) information is transferred.

More annyoing things are IHMO:

The inbox screen has three subscreens, the right one can be closed, the left one (all your pen palls) can NOT be closed.(i would like to see closed by default and option to open it when i want to see it)

The left screen has a menu to select, but when hitting "pending requests" it shows also ALL not fulfilled requests from the past, which is useless.

The left screen also has an option to choose from "unread" and "starred".  I would like to prefer it is set by default on "unread"

I noticed when a review is needed, there is a star displayed. But when selecting for "starred" it does not select those guests
BTW is anybody using the option on the middle screen to provide a "star" to a specific message ?

And last but not least: if provided some settings to the inbox, it would be nice if settings are remembered when in same login-session

10 Replies 10
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

No, not using the stars (star avoidance...), and have had another small annoyance pop up with the inbox, @Emiel1 . Every new booking in the last few weeks has the guest's first message to me duplicated. When they are long -- and some write a novel -- it is disconcerting to find I am reading the same thing over again. Even the short ones look weird.

"Hi, me and my girlfriend are coming with our dog, Ruff. Hi, me and my girlfriend are coming with our dog, Ruff."

Are yours duplicated? Maybe it is just an instant book thing. 

Yes, yes, yes to please remember the settings in the same log-in session. Man, that one's annoying. I'm not only constantly switched to guest mode, getting plunked into my traveller inbox, but I'm sometimes switched to French. It's probably because I am in bilingual Canada, but I wish I could just keep being an English host while dealing with inquiries, writing reviews, without suddenly finding myself a bemused French traveller.

@Lawrene0 Same, all my reservations have the duplication. 

Emiel1
Level 10

@Emilia42 

Are the payout transactions also duplicated ?   :>)

Inbox loading for me is also very slow, sometimes up to a minute. Very frustrating when trying to reply to a guest inquiry or reservation request.

Emiel1
Level 10

@Lawrene0 

Good to see more issues are coming to the surface !

I hope the admins can make a list of bugs and wishes and pass it on to Airbnb.

I am happy those "duplicates" are not in my INbox, to make it even more difficult to use....

BTW I do not use Instant Book.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

As I haven't hosted my home-share since March, I haven't had to deal with this, but I have to say that every change they make to our hosting pages, since I started hosting in late 2016, seems to make it more difficult and frustrating to use. They are all dis-improvements.

Non-hosts should not be designing hosting accounts.

@Sarah977  I agree. The most user-friendly version was in 2017. Since then they made two good things: multi-calendar options and the option to set no-check-in/out dates. All other changes are not user friendly.

A friend in Canada who also hosts is the one who got me into hosting, saying I should rent out my guest room, which she had stayed in when visiting, on Airbnb, since it just sat empty most of the year. I'm no techie and the thought of dealing with a online platform was intimidating to me, so I didn't do it right away. Then she sat me down one day when I was visiting her and said "Look, it's simple, I'll show you. Okay, this is my dashboard, where- hey, wait a minute, they just changed everything around!  WTF."

@Branka-and-Silvia0

@Sarah977 

I just noticed you joined ABB at 2016,  same as we did 🙂 In June.

ABB should cut IT sector instead of Customer service. They would save a lot of money and make all users happy

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Emiel1 I actually really like the new inbox. I like how I can scroll through each message thread and easily switch between them. I usually copy from one message thread and paste to another and this saves me from opening up many windows/tabs as I had to do with the old inbox.