insurance

insurance

I was told that my house needed another type if insurance since it was in airbnb. Could you advice in what type of insurance you have? my house is in texas

3 Replies 3
Gregory87
Level 10
Minneapolis, MN

Hello @Marisol-And-Ana0 :

You are correct that traditional homeowners insurance won't cover any claims you make while renting it out on AirBNB or other short-term rental sites.  Also, the "coverage" provided by AirBNB has too many requirements and/or loopholes and hosts find that they often aren't able to benefit from it.

Definitely look into coverage from a company that will protect you when the house is being rented.  Start with your current insurance agent.  If s/he isn't able to help, there is an extensive discussion here in the community group:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/What-I-Learned-about-Insurance-Proper-vs-Foremost-vs-Air...

We contract with Proper.  You will also read about Foremost and Slice.  Allstate was looking into getting into the market at one point too.

Ask questions of your peers if you need more information or advice.  Good luck!

Shonnie0
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Hi Marisol.  I represent Proper as well as a few other insurance providers in Texas and all other states.  Please contact me if you would like to discuss this.

Sean F Murphy Insurance Worth IL

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

I'm assuming, that insurance products are almost the same everywhere.

We have two insurances here.

The first one is the Hotel Accident Insurance. It covers all kind of accidents with your guests, personal baggage loss/burglary and civil liability for damage. The price depends on the number of guests-your maximum capacity. (Swimming pools are not covered-their system is completely different).

The second one is the insurance of your place - building, parking lot, all kind of infrastructure. Covers the same like the regular home insurance, but it's twice expensive.