landscape photos to portrait

Hanne2
Level 1
Waikanae, New Zealand

landscape photos to portrait

When I first listed on Airbnb (Jan last year) I had some landscape and some portrait photos on our listing and our Loft showed well.  Now everything seems to have turned itself into landscape and because the bedsit is a long shape half of it is always missing.  As for a photo of the shower space.....shows a bit of wall and half a towel!  How can I change this?  The photos that have changed were originally taken in portrait - and showed in portrait - and I don't understand why they have changed.

7 Replies 7
Raffaele-and-Astrid0
Level 10
Coogee, Australia

HI @Hanne2

I checked your lisitng pictures, and everything seems normal, some are showed in potrait and some in landascape, but everything is clear.

cheers Raf

George1257
Level 1
Scotland, GB

Hi @Hanne2 

Did you manage to fix your problem?

I’m having the same issue... very frustrating!

My listing page looks great and the photos show perfectly on a desktop computer, however when viewed on the app it crops all of my portrait photos.

George

Sara5278
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

Hello, this happened to me tonight when I was editing my airbnb listing. All of my photos appear to be cut off now. Please help!

Julián51
Level 1
Córdoba, AR

I ALSO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. BUT I HAVE SEEN SOME AIRBNBS THAT HAVE THEIR PHOTOS IN PORTRAIT MODE AND THEY LOOK OK EVEN IN THE APP. I DONT KNOW HOY DO WE HAVE TO USE THE SETTINGS TO SET THE PORTRAIT PHOTOS REALLY IN PORTRAIT MODE.

Keith495
Level 1
Mississauga, CA

Does Airbnb require landscape or portrait photos

Marcel1908
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I just called them, had the same issue where some portrait photo uploads (not all!) were randomly cropped into landscape. I call AirBnB and the guy told me it's a known issue and they are working to fix the bug. Let's hope they figure it out soon...

Michael5151
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

it is still cropping portrait into landscape . shows fine on laptop but on the app its cropped. has anyone figured out what to fix. ? they airbnb rep didn't know how to fix this. help if can please