listing hotels on airbnb

Answered!
Mark-And-Jeanne0
Level 3
Carter Lake, IA

listing hotels on airbnb

Since when does AirBnB allow commercial hotels and motels to list their rooms on this site?  I found a listing (Inn by the Airport) in Carter Lake, IA, that appears to be a private residence.  But when you read the reviews, it is clear this is a hotel.  The person lists it as an Entire House/Apt -- clearing tying to make potential guests believe they will receive the AirBnB experience.

I reported this as a suspect listing, but so far it is still there.  

I didn't realize that AirBnB accepted these kinds of properties.  It seems completely contrary to the spirit and philosphy behind this site.  However, if they are going to allow this, then there should be a specific category that states this is a commercial Hotel/Motel -- not a private residence.

How does anyone else feel about this?

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

49 Replies 49
Cindy533
Level 2
Folsom, CA

I agree.  I see more and more hotels being listed how did you report it as a suspect listing?  I didn't see a place where to do this?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Cindy533,

Airbnb started accepting hotels a few years ago. Any hotel listing that you've found on the platform is probably authorized by Airbnb. This is the page regarding the standards:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1526/what-are-airbnbs-standards-for-hotels-and-other-hospitality....

Patrick1224
Level 2
Dallas, TX

I have no problem with boutique and unique hotels posting listings on AirBnb.  I think most people would agree that AirBnb is not appropriate for big hotel chains.  I see Crowne Plaza and La Quinta listings. 

The suspect thing is that the AirBnb price is often higher than the price I would get if I booked directly from the hotel's website, especially when you include cleaning fee.   Sometimes they are super below the regular price which screams scam listing to me.  If enough AirBnb users get burned by scam listings, it hurts AirBnb's overall reputation and so hurts legitimate hosts.

Per the link I keep seeing on this thread, chains violate the listing requirement:

"Properties should have a unique, independent environment and style (for example, boutique or lifestyle hotels, not mass-market chains)."

To report a Profile, go to the host's profile page.  This one is literally titled CrownePlaza, hopefully it no longer works if you click it:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/329422732

Scroll to the bottom and you will see 'Report this profile'

I report the profile and include that same quote saying the profile is in violation of AirBnb's policy.

Maya425
Level 2
South Carolina, United States

I hate this! Airbnb sold out! I've been delightedly using airbnb for years and recommended it to so many people to AVOID hotels, and now the listings pages are FLOODED with them! If I wanted a hotel I would go to expedia and what not, not the home-feel of airbnbs that are owned by individuals! I am not a property owner, just someone who loves using airbnb and for me this is entirely frustrating and heartbreaking. I know there are Airbnb alternatives, but I always came here because the experiences I had, and my guest rating streak. But now, ugh. PAGES of the SAME HOTEL listing different rooms but using the same pictures.. DISGUSTING. I'm so disappointed in Airbnb.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines