liverpool

Phil19
Level 1
Liverpool, United Kingdom

liverpool

Hi, my bookings have gone  off a little for end of June has anyone else experienced the same  in Liverpool /Merseyside ?? Kind Regards Phil.

39 Replies 39
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Phil19 Probably due to the recent terrible events that happened during the pass 3months in the UK. Good luck!!!

Seriously WTF is this statement. NO. Just no.

Either you're a troll or a total fool.

Tonia10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Phil,

We only recently listed our Liverpool property on Airbnb. We've only had a couple of weekend bookings in June with a couple more already booked for July. I assumed June wouldn't be especially busy but that's only because of no prior experience on Airbnb!  There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it.  I actually looked at your listing before we listed as it seemed to be in the same general area.  I hope your July is shaping up better than June!

Tonia

Ahmed227
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi Tonia, what a wonderful community here, really nice to see how everyone supports eachother. I am in the process of buying a terraced property in Liverpool and would like to know how suitable that would be. Is it reasonable to assume that people generally prefer flats? What I would also like to know is whether the amount of bedrooms really matter in terms of the price you can charge. I can image that the majority of people who use airbnb in Liverpool are professionals and people visiting either Liverpool Fc and Everton Fc so I can imagine a 1 bedroom flat would be enough to get a decent turnover. Would a 3 bedroom house substantially increase return on investment. Is there any regulations in place from the government regarding letting a 3 bedroom house to different groups of people, 1 bedroom each? And lastly, because I live in abroad as an expat at the moment what would be the best way to manage the property? Thank you in advance, Ahmed
Sophie376
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

Hi Phil,

I am looking at re listing my Liverpool place back on Airbnb do you co-host??

Jean-Stéphane2
Level 2
Jongny, Switzerland

Hi guys, if you don't mind my asking... is Airbnb working out well in Liverpool? Can you say how many days you are making per year? I'm looking at buying a flat near Sefton Park / Lark Lane but would like to get a sense if I should Airbnb it or rent it. Thanks!

Hi Jean-Stephane,

We started listing in June of this year...3 bedroom house in Wavertree. It's been pretty consistent. We have a 2 night minimum stay requirement for Friday and Saturday, 1 night minimum otherwise.  The weekends tend to go fast but we've also had a few bookings from people working locally who've stayed Monday - Friday.

We do also list on booking.com and this combination is working well. I would advise that you are flexible on pricing the closer you get to unbooked dates. I also recommend you don't use the Airbnb smart pricing feature. It seems to have a mind of it's own. Just play around with your pricing until you find what works for you! Sefton Park/Lark Lane should do well on Airbnb and booking.com. I'd definitely give it a shot before doing down the long term rent route.

Good luck!

Asterios0
Level 2

Hi, is there anyone who could help me co-host for a few days while I am away? My falt is in Liverpool city centre. Please get in touch if you are interested, regards

Dave231
Level 1

Hi there are you still looking for a co host in Liverpool?

Louise231
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

Hi @Phil19 if Liverpool is like Manchester it does get a bit quieter in the summer.

Less people staying for sports (ie lack of footie games)

Less conferences,

less pop concerts,

Students (and international students especially, tend to dissapear to other countries) less weekends away at home.

Loads of festival's in countyside, people go to rather than city for weekend

It does pick up here for graduations for a few weeks, and you get a fair few non-uk people who come for their own summer trips. But otherwise its a bit more relaxed here untill september...

Not the same cities but fairly similar maybe?

I used to work in city centre hotels for years as well where it was normal for the summer months, plus Jan to be the quiet months.

Tonia10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Interesting comments Louise and makes sense.  We currently have a house in Liverpool on Airbnb. Have been running this now for the past year and we've found the busiest month to be April and the quietest January. The remaining months are still pretty good though with Summer months leading into Sep nice and steady 🙂

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi people in Liverpool from Auckland, New Zealand, get ready for the influx of visitors to Liverpool when you all become aware of the goldmine of history you have lurking in what's currently been excavated underground & called the Williamson Tunnels..currently been mistaken by some as the home of eccentric Joseph Williamson because he used to go underground..

fact of the matter is they are the very original underground train & railway station dating back to 1830's...

Meanwhile please encourage those whom are digging in there to keep digging & join them as it's a fabulous part of 1830's Railway history that those with an interest in the railways and early construction deserve to have preserved as a Historic site that needs to be promoted by locals internationally to attract tourism for the betterment of your economy and education

Rialda0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi All,

Anyone experienced in co-hosting? I am looking for a reliable , organised person to co -host a lovely house in Liverpool. 

Tonia10
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hi Rialda,

I currently co-host a house in Wavertree, Liverpool which I've been doing since July 2017.  I'm not based in Liverpool, however, I'm based in London.  We make use of a key safe for check in/out and we have a cleaner based in Liverpool who cleans after check out and also does the laundry.

Not sure if this would suit you, depends on your set up. Let me know if you want to chat more.

Kind Regards,

Tonia