map search missing?

Martha-and-Dennis0
Level 6
Scottsdale, AZ

map search missing?

Has anyone else noticed map search is no longer showing? It does not show where a listing is until you are signed in and looking at a specific listing. It makes it really hard for travelers to find a place to stay in a convenient location for their trip. I know when I travel I like to find a place maybe by the transit system or a local attraction I plan on visiting. Wonder why Airbnb took away this essential functionality for travelers/guests?

22 Replies 22
Mike1034
Level 10
Mountain View, CA

My suggestion is to ask AirBnb to put a distance to the location city center a guest entered and the city name if it is not the city a guest entered to the returned search results. This will help guests to speed up with their searches.

I suggest that we all take an action to send the feedback to AirBnb through their feedback page. Then they will start looking into into this issue. Here is the link

https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

Andy484
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Click ten bottom left corner.  Says currency, terms,privacy.  The wil see map in the center on the bottom. 

Matt712
Level 2
Burlington, NC

It’s as if they literally do not want us giving them money anymore. You win! Back to normal hotels. 

Normal hotels are easy to find on a map.

What about a search by distance from an intersection or point of interest? Make it easy for travelers to book a location, maybe??

Ray280
Level 1
Surveyors Bay, Australia

Hurray - I got a MAP!!!!

If you click "SHOW ALL" under the suggested Places to Stay, a Map appears in the window.

What idiot didnt put a Map Button or some other help as an option?

Sebastian702
Level 1
March, United Kingdom

Yep, AirBnB appears to be going down the toilet, as far as user-friendly interfaces go. It took ages for me to work out how to view the map. And when I finally managed it, it shows almost no results. I know there will be paces nearby, but nothing is displayed. Rubbish.

Carolyn157
Level 1
St Briavels, GB

Completely agree!  Im looking for accommodation In London while attending a course.  Need it close to venue.  I keep contacting hosts to find travel time to venue.  So far all have been to far so still one the case.  Very inefficient so thinking will need to look outside Airbnb.