messages badge not accurate

Sam-And-Lek0
Level 1
Chicago, IL

messages badge not accurate

I've noticed that the "Messages" badge on the top of the site is not accurate -- it can say "1" or "2" even after I've cleared my inbox/dashboard, and sometimes will not indicate that there is a pending message, then I go to the dashboard and there is a message for me.  Is anybody else having this problem?

I'm also having a problem with which devices (2 mobile apps + the website) receive notification of messages at all, but that might be a different issue.

4 Replies 4
Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

I think It counting both messages and notifications.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

I'm having this problem.  It's an annoyance.  I've read all of my messages and my notifications and it still won't clear.  Re-boot computer, sign off and sign in again, nothing works.  I'd like to get this fixed so I can tell when I really have a new message in the inbox.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There are more bugs on this platform that in the whole of the Amazon. Some are annoying, like this one.

Others are just risky - like Instant Booking switching itself on automatically, or dates in your calendar block and unblocking randomly.

Ken40
Level 2
Kitanakagusuku, Japan

I have had a "1" showing on my iphone ios Airbnb app (iPhone 5s/iOS 9.3.5)  for a few days now.  All messages have been read/responded to, cleared or deleted.  The "1" won't go away.  I have deleted the app reinstalled it, checked the desktop version to see if I was missing something.  It's not a big deal, but as others have said it IS an annoyance and does bother me to not know the correct state of my inquiries.  Any suggestions or a sollution would be greatly appreciated!