modify the number of guests

Zoltán1
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

modify the number of guests

Hello,

I have a booking request in which the number of guests is set one, but my potential guest wrote they will be two tith his girlfriend.

How can I modify the number of guests in his booking reguest in order to send him the correct price (for two)?

Thanks,

Zoltán

5 Replies 5
Queenie0
Level 10
United States

Either you or the guest can Change the reservation by clicking on the reservation and selecting "Change or Cancel". I prefer the guest make the changes, especially for number of guests, because they have the opportunity to enter the other guest's name. 

Suzie0
Level 4
Cobham, United Kingdom

If you look at your reservations there is tab to change or ammend booking on the righthand side.  Follow this thorugh and you can change number of guests and price. (Extra guests require more towels and more hot water for showers etc so DO charge a bit more).  The guest will have to accept this before the change is confirmed.

Christine798
Level 2
Olinda, Australia

I've come across a different situation.

My friends Airbnb listing comes up initially with '4 Guests' (her maximum) in the box with price/ dates/book, on the right side of her listing. By default, the price the guest wanting accom for just two people first sees, is way above the price for two, i.e. it includes the price for a third and forth guest.

The guest can manually adjust the number of guests and get the correct tariff but most would be shocked by the initial listing price and not open it.

My own listing starts with a default of one guest (I can take a max of three guests) but we can't figure out how to change hers to 'one guest' first off

Any clues?

Thank you

Odette61
Level 1
Silver Spring, MD

I have a question. If you modify the number of guests after moving in, will it notify the owner?

Thank you in advance!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Odette61 

Every change made by a guest to the reservation is sent to the host for confirmation.

Please note: changing the number of guests by using the "change option" is not possible if the reservation has already started.