multiple accounts and transferring a listing

multiple accounts and transferring a listing

Hi Airbnbers,

My brother wants me to manage his house on Airbnb. What is the best way to do this? Shall I create another listing on my account and join him as a host or create an account in his name and join myself as a host?

He wants 2 listings one renting a private room in the house and another renting the whole house (for when he is away). 

If it is better to have it in his account can I transfer a listing to him as I have already created a draft in my name. 

Thanks in advance!!

7 Replies 7
Sherry9
Level 3
Long Beach, CA

You might consider that it might get confusing if it we're all on one page. I've got the same listing four times on my page listed differently as an event space, a business convention center local, a l o Cal concert page and one other way
Same address and I always get confused. Even with the Calender sincked.
I'd start the page and add him and open a PayPal and sift the money that way
Ephraim0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hello @Kate141 here's the best solution for you. Have your brother add you as a host.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1244/how-can-i-add-an-additional-host

I would have him get his own account. This way you can help him but insulate each other from downside risk. It keeps the money separate and easier for tax time and if something happens the other is not peanalzed for cancellations etc.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

I would recommend keeping separate accounts. Keeps the money separate when it comes to taxes and insulates each of you in case a consequences from cancellations etc.
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Delia198
Level 1
Miami, FL

How to create 2 accounts?

Delia198
Level 1
Miami, FL

How do you create 2 separate accounts?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Delia198  You can't create 2 separate accounts for the same user. You could create one account in your name and one in your husband's, for example. All the info has to be different- you can't use the same phone number or email address on both accounts.