my account was suspended by a lying guest

Fernando1561
Level 5
Sarasota, FL

my account was suspended by a lying guest

A guest(woman) made a reservation without refund for June 7th, then she wants to cancel it and get the money back, I said no  because you made a reservation with no refund  it's the policies on this reservation. 
The guest looking for excuses to cancel she told me that I have  cameras and I told her  that there was one camera outside to watch the  parking  that is for everyone security but I don't have cameras inside so everything is written in the messages sent thru airbnb
Then She called airbnb and said that I have  cameras inside the house WHAT IS TOTALLY FALSE 

Because that my  account was suspended by airbnb customer service even they said I have 72 hours to answer and my  respond  was made 1 hour later but they suspended it so they sent me an email, saying the guest claim and I explain them that is totally false and also invite them to  look on the messages sent to the guest explain that but my account still suspended since two days, i call to airbnb and that department dont receive phone calls.

Can somebody tell me what is happening with airbnb?

1 Reply 1
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Fernando9 

I'm very sorry to hear you've become yet another victim, but the mysterious ways of Airbnb are often inexplicable. 

I suppose you're just supposed to "have faith" that it's all in your best interest, but for my money, it seems time to start diversifying away from Airbnb. 

First, create nice listings on VRBO and/or other platforms, and make sure you apply as many appropriate booking filters as you can (avoid booking.com, because it's all instant book, and you have to accept any booking, even if it's a group of party animals). 

Bit don't throw the baby out with the bath water. Keep your Airbnb lidting, raise the prices a little, and start building a good reputation on the other platforms, and price them a bit lower. VRBO has a special offer in the US to copy your ratings from Airbnb. That's a good start. 

And don't expect better treatment from the other platforms. They're all in it to attract guests. Guests will always be #1. Hosts rate somewhere around 5 or 6 in priority. 

Good luck. Really sorry for your victimisation. It's a slap in the face, I know.