my first bad guests

John2175
Level 1
Kerikeri, New Zealand

my first bad guests

i am new as a host to airbnb we just have our 2nd guests staying the problem is we are letting an entire lg home, this morning we went to put some more chemicals in the pool and there should of been 2 adults and 4 children and there would of been atleast 15-20 people there, they said they were family and had just come over for a swim? but i am sure they are all staying there. they have asked if they can extend their stay and i have said no, now if they leave the place damaged or in a bad way (cause its not looking great)im petrified actually )and i leave them a bad review then they will leave me a bad review so what would one do in this situation???

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @John2175

If you are hosting remotely you need to have CCTV at your property so you can monitor who is coming onto your property. This will help you identify whether more guests are staying at your property than have booked.

You also need to tighten up your house rules.

Say something like 'only guests who have booked and paid may come onto the property including onto outdoor areas including the pool'. 

You also seem to have misunderstood how Airbnb reviews work. Reviews are left blind, so they can't leave you a bad review in retaliation of you leaving them a negative one.

Leave an honest review mentioning that when you arrived to attend to the pool you found 15-20 guests using your facilities even though only 6 had booked and paid to stay. Leave them a thumbs down.

When these guests leave check the property throughly and if there is any damage you can make a claim through the airbnb host guarantee. You need to lodge the claim before your next guests arrive.