...my first guest

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

...my first guest

So, I'm in the in the final stretch of my first guest's 2-day stay and I want you all to know that she and her sister have been amazing!

She knew from the beginning that she was my inagural guest. She dealt with my nervousness during the walk-through and communicated (like I asked) through the AirBnB messaging system, and has been a delight to host.

I am assuming I will know more on check-out (re: how she felt) but I was told several times (verbally and through messaging) that we could not have anticipated both her needs and expectations more fully. I am thrilled to have hosted her and her sister! I will be positively rating her upon check-out!

I just kinda needed to tell someone.

Thanks for reading.

23 Replies 23
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Exciting Jann, you put a lot into it, and thus was well prepared. It is a fun journey.

Thanks @Fred!

BTW.. I meant to ask. You okay after that 8.1 hit you (and the 63 other after-shocks?) I saw "Belize" on the map today on MSNBC (the first time I *knew* where it was) and I immediately thought of you!

Yes, we are fine for it was on the 'other side' of the mountains, on the Pacific side. Nonethless the house here by the beach wobbled for a full minute. I swear, with all the natural calamities happening in the last week in the Carribbean, I am just grateful we been spared thus far.

I am so happy! I truly was worried and hadn't seen a posting from you since I saw the alert about the quake. Glad you are okay and just know that you have friends that were concerned for you.

So happy to hear about your 1st guest @Jann3!!!!! 

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Jann3, Kudos to you and your first guest, and thank you for sharing!  (And glad Fred is okay.)

An aside question for you--how did you get to be a level 10 being that you've just started hosting?  I have no idea why I moved from level one to a two... my smile?  (KIDDING!)

Kim

@Kimberly54,

Thanks! Levels on the forums are decided by how many posts and/or replies you write.

Congratulations @Jann3!  What a great start to a wonderful journey.  Hope all your future guests are as lovely as your first.  

Steph12
Level 3
SeaTac, WA

Congratulations, Jann.  May it be the first of many!  Enjoy the ride!

Petrina3
Level 10
Sapphire Beach, Australia

I'm pretty much a newbie too . Am up to my 5th guest tonight and settling in to the swing of things. All guests so far have been wonderful, so am keeping fingers crossed my good luck continues. It is such a good feeling to know that guests enjoyed their stay.

I think I becoming addicted to Hosting

Since I jsut signed up to be a host, do most experienced hosts recommed checking guests ID or do you simply use airbnb's basic verification?

I am about to host my first guest Tuesday!  

Do's: Read a lot of the forum posts

Don't: DON'T HIJACK THREADS... Hosts will ignore you.

Start a new thread. Hosts will be happy to respond. If you attempt to hijack a thread with your question that really has nothing to do with the main thread Hosts may get irritated and not respond to you at ALL!  At least I wouldn't!

Sorry if this sounds bad, but it's bad form @Betty90.

Deleted question!  Wish I could delete the whole thing!  I have no idea what you are even talking about hyjacking and thanks for the community support!