my guest hasn't reviewed

Adam11
Level 1
Woking, United Kingdom

my guest hasn't reviewed

So I reviewed my guest several weeks ago and they still haven't reviewed my room....can I do anything about this or is it not compulsary to get feedback?

1 Reply 1
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Adam11 Hi there Adam, If your guest left more than 15 days ago it's a fair bet you have lost this one, as far as a review is concerned. You probably know but, once the hosting has taken place both guest and host receive an email stating they have 14 days to review each other. Neither the host or the guest gets to see what the other has written until both reviews have been received and posted by Airbnb.

Yeah Adam, people who don't leave reviews are frustrating! In most instances though, newer guests to the system do not understand the significance of reviews to hosts!

But I do have a strategy that seems to work!

Adam, I have received 100% straight up 5 star reviews....... because I don't let them get away!!!

If, on your listing, under your 'messages' tab, you go into individual messages , even once a guest has left, you will notice a 'Send Message' tab indicating that you still have message contact with the guest. When the review window of two weeks is getting near its expiry, I send the guest a friendly little hello message hoping they still think about us and ask if they could find a moment to leave a couple of lines in the review window.

Adam some of them are just simply too busy, what with travelling and all, and they (in a lot of instances) just forget, and this jogs their memory or, at least makes them feel guilty if they haven't done so. The only one I lost was my very first guest when I was not awake up to this trick. Invariably when I do this the guest not only shoots back a quick 'sorry' response, but they also attend to that review.

Give it a try Adam and see how you go.....Good luck with your hosting....Cheers....Rob