my listing is not in search results

Barbara15
Level 3
Tbilisi, Georgia

my listing is not in search results

I can not find my listing in search results (id 1858907), it used to be on first pages usually and i always had 5 star reviews, lately I haven't got any requests, no wonder, i am not in search results on 17 pages. If I zoom in the map on my street (and not neighborhood), then my listings comes up on the very last page, but this is not a help. Who is searching like that? I have  a feeling that airbnb is tricking hard. How can this incomplete listing appear before mine: (id 9325705)? My friend have the same problems with their listings, and they are also experienced airbnb users for several years already. I was told that airbnb has technical problem with search results (they only show 17 pages) and they are trying to fix it. But, I don't believe this. I think there is something else going on here. I am very disappointed!

140 Replies 140

Thank you Jeff, appreciate your prompt response. 

I have 2 more other listings which was published and I can't find it. I tried adjusting the filters but still not visible.

Jermane

@Jermane0. I see your duplicate listings.  The first one is appearing in search.  If they are in fact duplicates, be sure that you remove one of them so you don't have double bookings.  

Dumaguete.jpeg

The one pictured here is www.airbnb.com/rooms/22003748. The listing with the red colored cover photo is also now showing as well. 

Cheers!

I highly appreciate your prompt response and kind assistance Clare!

I did listed my place 3 times because every time guest book one listing, it automatically blocks the date. I have 4 private bedrooms, if one guest book 1 bedroom in a certain date, it automatically block the 3 more remaining bedrooms. So, nobody can book the other rooms and leave it unbooked.

Im not familiar with the settings of air bnb how to do it right. If you can advise me how, I would greatly appreciate it a lot.

Thank you,

Jermane

@Jermane0 It looks like you have already figured it out!  If you have separate bedrooms to rent, then, yes, you will need to create a listing for each one.  This way, each listing / bedroom will have its own pricing and calendar.  You can also create a listing that offers both bedrooms for larger groups, but you will need to be very careful with blocking the calendar if one of the bedrooms is booked.  

See this link on info on how you can link your Airbnb calendars: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/289/how-do-i-list-multiple-rooms

I was just a little concerned since I thought you had created a duplicate listing because you weren't able to find one listing in search results.  

All the best!

Clare

Hi Again everyone 😊

I just have concern about security. How would I know that the people who books my place is a legit and not a "fake" (pretending to be a traveller but a theft). I'm a bit concerned because some guest profile dont provide enough information and just recently joined.

I am just being careful.

Another scenario is.. what if some things were stolen from your belongings and CCTV shows its one of your guest. And sadly, the guest stayed just overnight and left already. And you dont have any information about the guest but only tge details they provide from airbnb. How would you deal with this? 

Thank you,

Jermane

A couple of suggestions, @Jermane0.  I don't remember if you have Instant Book set on your listings, but if you do, you can set two requirements:  Previous positive reviews from other hosts and Government ID (supplied to Airbnb).   Anyone who does not meet these requirements will have to send you a Reservation Request so you can ask questions and decide whether to accept their booking or decline.  

If you do not have Instant Book, you can still set as a Reservation Requirement that their ID be verified by Airbnb.  

Here are some helpful links: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1353/how-do-i-choose-who-can-instant-book-my-place

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/272/can-i-require-guests-to-be-verified-before-booking

With regards to CCTV, be sure that you do not have it in any space where the guest will be staying.  Exterior CCTV is ok. 

I would also recommend that you do not leave any valuables where a guest can easily take them.  Even in my Entire Home, I have some drawers that lock where I keep valuables (or I take them to my house).  If you find that someone has stolen something, your first move is to contact the local police and then Airbnb where you can request compensation through the Resolution Center.  

I'm sure other hosts will also give you more advice!

Jeannette35
Level 2
Swindon, GB

I am having the same issue, my place used to come amongst the first ones and now I have trouble finding it at all. I have superhost status. I have a place in Costa Rica and the location I enter is pretty generic, just the town name (as there are many but not too many airbnb's in the area) and still nothing... I used to be able to get it by the name of the place as well and it's not coming up either

@Jeannette35 Your listing is coming up on the first page for me!

Arajuela.jpeg

And, I didn't even have to use filter other than # of guests, Entire Home and location. 

Jeannette35
Level 2
Swindon, GB

I've listed my place with 2 filters anyone would hardly have in the area: pets allowed and superhost. Only 2 places come up and my place is not showing there... anyone with the same issue?

@Jeannette35, I looked in your area by moving the map until there were only 74 listings. In that list your property was #26/74.

Have a lot of new AirBnB people lowered their price recently? That can push you down the rankings.

Caroline443
Level 4
Braunston, United Kingdom

I think there is a real problem with airbnb.  I have been a super host with 2 properties for 2 years and I have seen the following:

- Continual pressure to lower prices to a level that is completely unprofitable

- lots of pressure to do instant book (you dont appear in searches etc if you dont do instant book)

- Airbnb has set expectations with airbnb guests that they can exepect 5 star treatment regardless of how little they pay.  

We had a great year with appreciative, well behaved guests in the first year, but this has gone rapidly down hill.  We now regulatly see people who are highly critical, high maintenance (expecting the equivalent of room service) and who leave the place messy or damaged.  

I am now looking at other portals and at doing permanent lets as I am getting increasingly disillusioned with airbnb.  I have come to the conclusion that aibnb have chased revenue by getting a high numbwr of transations, by forcing hosts to drop their prices and by forcing them to accept anyone as a guest.  Information about guests is shieled away from hosts (even when you do instant book), but highly critical and often totally unreasonable remarks from guests are published on line.  

Airbnb have eroded the marhin for hosts and once you take all the work and overheads into account it is debatable whether it is still more profitable than doing a permanent residential let.

Sarah1067
Level 2
Casuarina, Australia

I cant find my listing anywhere. I have been listed for 1/1/2years and now in the last month I cant find it anywhere. Its listed, Ive checked the location on the map. Im not in a very busy area so theres only about 20 listings and I still cant find it. Would Air BnB have stopped my listing withou advising me?

@Sarah1067, I don't see any listing when I look at your AirBnB profile.

Is your listing active? Perhaps it was temporarily turned off?

Can you go to edit your listing, and on the "Listing details" page, please look at the "Listing status" section. What does it say?

You should also look for an email from AirBnB. Maybe they sent you a message about your listing that was overlooked?

If you can't find anything, then you should definitely contact AirBnB support. Your listing is not viewable by anyone but you right now.

I've had the same issue with my listing this week. I've phoned & emailed Abnb multiple times. Often just instant book & entire house reveals none or few listings. When dates are slotted in my listing appears - not always mine when it should and there are less than 300 in the search results. Similarly when repositioning the map my listing doesnt always appear. Suggest phoning Abnb as they are in deniable about a malfunction and I've just received their usual meaningless responses.

@Jeff89 Wow, I was able to find you listing in less than 5 minutes!Chic.jpeg