my listing is not in search results

Barbara15
Level 3
Tbilisi, Georgia

my listing is not in search results

I can not find my listing in search results (id 1858907), it used to be on first pages usually and i always had 5 star reviews, lately I haven't got any requests, no wonder, i am not in search results on 17 pages. If I zoom in the map on my street (and not neighborhood), then my listings comes up on the very last page, but this is not a help. Who is searching like that? I have  a feeling that airbnb is tricking hard. How can this incomplete listing appear before mine: (id 9325705)? My friend have the same problems with their listings, and they are also experienced airbnb users for several years already. I was told that airbnb has technical problem with search results (they only show 17 pages) and they are trying to fix it. But, I don't believe this. I think there is something else going on here. I am very disappointed!

140 Replies 140
Magda0
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Hello Barbara,

I do completely understand you, as I am searching the same way as you.

I have been with airbnb for a bit more than 1 year and until july 2016 my listing is up in the searches ( but I do not get any reservation or inquiry)  but then from August onwards my listing is in pages 16 and 17 and the maximum of pages for any sort of days is always 17. For some dates I do not even have my listing published.

I called Customer Service and they told me that all ok, that this is the way the searches are that one day you are in a position and the other in another.

I do not get any reservations, not even inquiries, since 2nd of December, which is strange as before I used to have lots of reservations, at least 2 reservation per week.

Customer Service told me to write this in the comunity to see if someone else was having the same issue, but they reckon that all is ok with my listing, even if for August I am in the last pages and not more than 17 pages are showing. I am in Barcelona.

Other people from Barcelona having the same issue?

I have been told by customer service that there is a campaign in Barcelona for removing 100 of listings with bad quality and that it is still going on. To be honest I do not know if this could have the problem of not receiving listings. Anyway, my apartment is all legal, I have a tourist license and I have 5 stars.

Customer Service believe that it is due to Christmas period and also the terrorist attacks makes people not wanting to travel. Are other people in Barcelona getting reservations?

Thank you.

Magda,

I have had the same issue. I think it might be site wide. I am here in Hawaiʻi and my listing isnʻt showing even tho the perameters are correct and dates are avaliable. Same issue your having. I use to have a steady flow of bookings and inquiries, a few times a week. And in the past Month it has trickled to nothing almost. 

So maybe there is something wrong in the algorithm with Air BnB. 

-Kealoha

@Kealoha0 Your listing is on the first page, and the first picture of the search I made with a price range of $40 to $123.   You should also enter Search in the search the community section to read more about why you can't find it. 

I am having the same issue & something is going on w/Air BnB techincal. I'd like to get to the bottom of it, I have

called cust. service 3 times, & I keep getting stalled. Ideas?

@Deborah270 Your listing is in search results!  When you searched, did you account for your 30 night minimum stay?  Here's your listing my search: 

San Diego.jpeg

I did account for 30 days. I tried it 4-5 times daily all week. Did not come up with my search except one time.

@Deborah270. Well, it's there.  If I can find it, anyone else will too, providing they are looking for a long term stay in an accommodation such as yours. 

hello Magda,

i have the same issue with Airbnb, my apartments are not visible at all. for last two weeks I can't find it even on the last pages.

do you have the airbnb number to call as it seems like very wel hidden from users 🙂

many thanks

@Ira6 How are you searhing?  If you are just slogging through all the listings in your area without any filters, you may not find your listing. Try search as a guest would and filter by property type, price, number of guests, and amenities.  Imagine having a listing in London which has 30,000 listings...it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. 

Whenever a host tells me they can't find their listing I invariably find it narrowing the search by using filters.  Try it!

Hi,

I went for few days to Abu Dhabi and searched my listing with all the filters and couldn't find it. I was not in first 17 pages. And I was very very specific with filters in the way no guest will ever be. It's not about putting all the filters right so you get listed, it's about visibility for people who are not sure, or they don't know exactly what they are searching for. And without visibility you don't get bookings. You are right about London, but you know... even there, guests should be allowed to go through all of them if they wish so. Don't you agree?

Anyway.. I am disapointed... knowing that I can't find my listing when I change a location...that's simply wrong

Hi Clare. You answered my question re: co-hosting this week. I saw this post because I too am having problems now seeing my listing in Puerto Vallarta. I search for my own listing using filters and could not see it. I used to have a steady flow of requests (and it is tourist high season still) but have not had any requests in quite some time. Listing is 10299021.

Hi @Albert54!  Your request was to have your Property Manager's listing snoozed, correct?  Did Airbnb support get in touch with you?  I thought it was resolved...

It may be that Support snoozed both listings.  When you go to Manage Listing > Calendar and More on the left side of the page in the menu section look to check the status.  Does it say Listed with a green dot?

Or, if you are using Aibnb's app, go to your listing page and click on the picture, then preview. Go to the bottom of the page and see if it says listed.  

When you want to direct a message to me, be sure you inlcude the @ sign so it will notify me that you sent me a message.  

Thanks!

@Ira6 How are you searching?  If you are just slogging through all the listings in your area without any filters, you may not find your listing. Try search as a guest would and filter by property type, price, number of guests, and amenities.  Imagine having a listing in London which has 30,000 listings...it would be like searching for a needle in a haystack. 

Whenever a host tells me they can't find their listing I invariably find it narrowing the search by using filters.  Try it!

Actually, Clare, I have to disagree. I know of guests who like to pull up the map of the neighborhood where they want to stay, and compare locations and price points to get a broad picture...My listing doesn't show up on the maps  or on the first many pages of listings. It is no coincidence to me that at the same time my bookings have dramatically dropped.

Are you an Airbnb employee?