my worst guest ever

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

my worst guest ever

the review I left & posted to her profile... we hosts have a responsibility to other hosts to leave honest reviews. 

WARNING! RED FLAG! ALERT! I have been a superhost for 3.5 years and have 442 five star reviews. Pinky was the ABSOLUTE WORST guest I have ever had. She made ridiculous requests prior to booking (can I bring my 2 year old? can we use your grill? can we have more than 5 people?) all of her requests are clearly answered in my listing rules... if she read them. NO, NO and NO! Never did she ask if she could have a big, surprise birthday party though. LOL Pinky shows up with 2 cars full of people, hot food, many bottles of booze & a bunch of balloons. I clearly state in my rules NO PARTIES OF ANY KIND! NO EVENTS, NO GET TOGETHERS NO PARTIES. Evidently, Pinky thinks it's ok to completely disregard my rules and starts setting up for a party with her 7 friends. We have a MAXIMUM guest limit of 5 but pinky decided she's going to have as many people at her party as she wants. I go in the house and talk to my husband about what I should do next. We decide that I will allow her to have the party but will ask her to keep it "down" and not get out of control. When I got back out to tell her this, I see that she has now set up an alcohol bar with at least 6 different bottles of booze, solo cups and a cooler of ice. They've got my entire screened porch decorated with "happy birthday" banners, balloons and table decorations. I can just see where this is headed. It would have gotten out of control really quickly and way more people would have likely showed up. It was then that I realized I had to tell them to leave. I told Pinky that we don't allow parties and showed her in the listing on my cell phone. She replied that it wasn't a "party", it was a "dinner". As if changing the WORD was going to somehow make me OK with the party that was about to happen at my quiet residential home?! Even as she yelled and berated me, I held my ground and told her they had to go. I refunded her $625 in front of her on my phone (as she demanded) and offered to help carry her party favors & foods out to her car. It was then that MORE of her guests started to arrive at my home. She invited them inside my screen room on her phone. I told her NO, YOU NEED TO LEAVE NOW but she ignored me. Soon there were a bunch of her guests yelling at me and calling me a RACIST. Yup, they pulled the race card because they broke my rules and I asked them to leave my home. Many of them said they I'm really blown away by the behavior that night. They finally left. Since then, I have made sure to arm all my cameras and my security system. I also let my sheriff neighbor know about the situation and asked him to be wary. Host Pinky with caution... that's all I am saying. She doesn't give a hoot about your rules. Rules don't apply to her. I ended up with 3 open prime summer ($200) nights that I couldn't re-rent due to time constraints. I lost $625 thanks to Pinkys arrogance. 

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Donald28 

So better not host a guest named Pinky.

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

LOL yup, agreed. Or any name that sounds like a toilet flush. We learn by doing. If I posted the msgs back and forth between pinky and I, I think most everyone here would have accepted her booking.  Guests only show the side of themselves that they know you want to see prior to booking. Once they arrive, all bets are off. If you're NOT an onsite airbnb manager who can quell the craziness, you're screwed. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Culturally sensitive as always @Donald28 ........

@Emiel1 'Pinky' is a popular female name for females who are Hindu.

https://hamariweb.com/names/hindu/hindi/girl/pinky-meaning_17164#:~:text=Pinky%20is%20a%20Hindu%20Gi...

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Donald28 

Well done. Exactely my policy.