negative review

Margo277
Level 2
Denver, CO

negative review

Hi all! So I recently had a guest book and she had stated she was excited to stay in our "adorable condo". Fast forward to the day of check in and before the 3pm check in time I get a message saying, " Place is terrible I wouldn't let my dog stay there". I was super confused as what she was talking about and asked what was going figuring she must of checked in before her check in time and that it was possibly still being cleaned ( We were booked every single day in July). I called my cleaning gal who said the guest showed up before their check in time and wouldn't even step into the condo, that they literally popped their heads in and said, " we wOuld never stay in a dump like this". Now, my condo is from the 50's as listed and it's in a historical area so all the buildings are older as it's part of their charm...All of the pictures I have of the condo show in detail the place as well as a video I send to all guest prior to check in. They ended up canceling their stay and I now see they are able to review my place...? I have worked pretty hard at making everyone as happy as possible and I'm confused as to why Air bnb allows guest who cancel to leave reviews? is there anything that can be done so ratings don't go down? I ended up replying back to her that it's a historical area that almost every building is older as it's the town's charm and good luck in finding something to fit their needs. I don't find my response to have been rude (like hers), but can't get in touch with air bnb to help guide me through this...so here I am to ask fellow host 🙂

5 Replies 5
Russell49
Level 10
Katoomba, Australia

It's probably good that she wouldn't let her dog stay there if pets aren't allowed 😃

Ha right!?! We however do allow pets with a SMALL additional fee, but what a rude comment to even make

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Margo277   That's extremely upsetting.  You have a lot of great reviews, so different strokes/different folks.

But - can I ask what is going on with the photos on your listing?  Are they all taken with a fish-eye lens attached to a phone?  I understand the wish to show the whole room, but I think it might be difficult to really picture what the place will be like with those pictures.  The place is super-cute and people are into "tiny living" these days, so why not embrace that?

So we actually have a photographer coming to take new photos this month. They however didn’t even see the portion of the place taken with the fish eye lens due to one it being in the middle of being cleaned and two them not even stepping in to see the whole place 😩

@Margo277 😂