Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

new update for the itinerary screen of guests

Gerhard4
Level 6
Davenport, FL

new update for the itinerary screen of guests

I dont know if any already have noticed it, but since today airbnb updated the itinerary screen for booked guests, 
yesterday (and before) when you opend the reservation page, and clicked on details, you got the itineray and on it there was all the information for the booking with all the monetary results as well.. when you print it, it will fit on one nice condensed page!
today you will get a new page (it shows that something has changed ) but when your going to print it, it will use 4 pages, with by the way less information (more nothing on the page) ..

since we require a paper trail for our bookings, we need to print it out and keep for a few years, specially because we also make notes on it. 
the new update is devistating for the environment , more trees !! (not to say more cost for me..LOL)

but mainly the overview is gone, you need to scroll over the page to find all the infomation (or scroll through the paper pages)

I love most updates, but this one is imo not thought thru.... 
any activists who want to address this at Airbnb headquarters??

happy hosting!!

2 Replies 2
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Gerhard4 , thanks for the heads up!  I went straight to my reservations and checked it out.  When I selected "print," my Mac showed it would be 3 pages.  I noticed that I would probably not need the third page, so that brings it down to two pages.  That is still double what is was!  🙂

However, my print option includes "More Settings -> Pages Per Sheet."  When I chose "2 pages per sheet," everything I needed was on the first page.  The second page just had "Help" and "Frequently Asked Questions."  So I could then choose to print just one page.

I liked the compressed view before as well, but the good, I guess, is that the guest's rating is right up front.  I'm guessing Airbnb did that to soothe InstantBook hosts?  

hi ann, I also can print it on my mac on 1 page, however i have frequently multiple bookings a day, and i dont want the hassle of changing my printsettings everytime, also, incase I am not the one printing out the booking form, .. I aonly have 5 listing with instant book, 

also the things on the second page on my listings have all the financials on there, 

(that is my important page ) so you are right when you print 2 pages on 1 sheet..

(i can choose not to print the second sheet...however , this is again an extra handling

automation is there to help you, and we are not there to help the automation....

so why change something that works good

but i dont see how this view can soothe the instantbook hosts??

even on the screen..you need to scroll down to see the important details...