not appearing in search results

Matt-And-Tanya0
Level 2
Deloraine, Australia

not appearing in search results

My guest bookings have been down compared to this time last year. When I searched for my own 2 listings they never even appeared in the search results even tho they are available... why are my 2 listings not appearing?? Any ideas guys?

7 Replies 7
Marcus0
Level 10
Berlin, DE

common complaint but not a fault.  Airbnb i believe limits the number of search results so customers are not flooded with apartments.   Some searches show your place up, other searches of the same area do not.

Marcus, Airbnb limiting search results is not the problem. My listing appears number 32 - appearing after many listings that are 50km away from the search area - that doesn't make sense. And my listing doesn't appear at all sometimes, while listings further away from the search area are appearing. I don't understand how they prioritize listings - I have 122 good reviews but still people can't find my listing.

Does Airbnb have any technical support - live human being that can help? My listing has been down.  The last person that tried to reserve could not get into my listing and not allowed to pay. I have called airbnb several times...for 2 weeks now and no one can seem to give me a straight answer.  They just simply take a message and for 2 WEEKS all they say is they'r investigating the issue.  According to them, everything is done properly. 

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Hi there,

I wanted to help you with this as I was encountering the same thing when I first became a host.  it really depends on what search brower you use and what device.  I called Airbnb and they explained to me that their searches appear differently through google, Safari, Explorer, and using MAC and Personal PCs.  I also found out from my guests that they wished they had found me sooner so they could stay longer at my home then staying at different host house, so I asked them what did they use to begin with and its found that most of my guests are using their Smart Phones. If they dont' open the browser on their phone, and they use the APP, the search is limited.

I have one recommendation for you.  I recently posted a Bed and Breakfast ad on Craigs list under Vacation Rentals which has my Airbnb link in the ad so it takes them directly to my listing on Airbnb so they can see my profile and my photos.  In my ad, I clearly state that if they are using Airbnb for the first time, to use a COMPUTER to sign up and get verified, while also supplying my Referral code to give them $20 off their first booking.  I also promote my place on Instagram which has already given me a couple of bookings bc my Airbnb link is in my bio. I separate myself by posting photos of activities I do with my guests, the services I offer and why they should choose my place in Hawaii.  There are many of us hosting in Honolulu, but I find ways to make my place exceptional and hard to resist.

Hope that helps. Always, remember, marketing your place in all the FREE areas on internet will help you get more bookings, I promise you its works.  I just direct people to my listing though social media, and all the free websites I can list an ad on.  

I know that people love to see photos of me and my guests having dinner together in my garden....that's been a real draw for potential guests who can't believe that a Super host would do so much.

Sending you lots of Aloha,

Momi

SuperHost in Hawaii

#AirbnbHawaii

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

Thank you for your advice Momi, I will look into using social media to improve my results. It feels like I am being penalized for having so many bookings in the past. I have 122 reviews and they are all good, so based on the number of good reviews I thought I would be better placed in the search results, not number 32. I am reasonably priced but Airbnb also suggested that I price myself much (30%) lower. I can work out their reasoning.

Sue18
Level 2
San Ramon, CA

My listing completely dissapeared.  I called airbnb and they said it was a known problem, and something to do with the pins. It now shows up on Chrome but not on Safari. Considering how many people have Iphones and Macs and use Safari, this is a huge problem.

I don't know what to do.

Brian416
Level 1
Belfast, United Kingdom

this has also happened to me