notifications

Tina14
Level 2
New York, United States

notifications

For some reason I am no longer receiving air bnb instant notifications or text messages when a customer asks to book.
Does anyone know why this changed in the app and how I can correct it? I only receive an email notification and my emails do not always arrive in a timely manner. I'm getting very frustrated. Thank you for any help you can give!
6 Replies 6
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

Tina, it appears that these notifications have been discontinued. 

There was considerable discussion about the matter in this thread. 

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/New-to-Hosting/I-can-t-actually-believe-this/m-p/19885#M2005

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

The whole AirBnB platform is wonky and full of glitches - it may just have been causing them too many headaches. Goodness knows why - it;s not exactly rocket science these days to have a reservation system that copes with mutiple channels from mobiles to internet. One can only assue as we have heard nothing alternative that the problems with the system are increasing as they number of hosts has increased.

I'm glad I found your response as I have been dealing with AirBNB help for a week as I am getting NO emails from airBnB and haven't since May 31st . At least I can check the dashboard for reservations but I  am missing out on so many emails. ...and I am not getting much help from AirBnB...only repetitive emails from one agent about ' Is my email address spelled right?' etc. ..and nothing has been fixed.

Is there anything else I can do?

Michaela

Joyce4
Level 2
Grass Valley, CA

used to get email AND text notifications. Now only getting on cell phone. Why the change? Re-input email address. To no avail. If I don't check cell phone I may be out of the 24 hour compliance for response time. Help! ~ Joyce

Veronica227
Level 2
Sequim, WA

I am no longer getting TEXT notifications......out of nowhere.....Support cannot seem to help

Peter-Malinee0
Level 2
Ohauiti, New Zealand

The notification process doesn't work after the last update (when they added the Today tab). 

All my settings in the app and on the phone are correct. It's the same on my wife's phone.

I just don't get notified about new bookings anymore.

I did fix this issue last month by uninstalling Airbnb app but what a hassle. I've just done it now so waiting to see if my next booking sends a notification. 

If I lose my good performance rating from this I will very annoyed. 

I'll get back how the uninstall goes.