notifying police in italy

Peter1598
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

notifying police in italy

how do I notify police in italy when guests arrive?

10 Replies 10
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Peter1598 

If you are renting in Italy, you will have to specify in your ad that at check-in guests will have to draw up a lease agreement, even if that lease agreement lasts only one night. The stipulation of a rental contract in written form is also necessary when the meeting between host and guest is done by AIRBNB or other portals.

For periods longer than 30 days the concluded rental contract must be duly registered in the tax authority (Agenzia delle Entrate).

In some Regions and Provinces in Italy, it is forbidden for those who rent to tourists to advertise on AIRBNB and other portals: the financial police (Guardia di Finanza) might think you’re an entrepreneur, especially if you do not sign a rental contract.

You will have to send personal data of your guests (including minors or infants) through the web portal of the State Police (https://alloggiatiweb.poliziadistato.it/PortaleAlloggiati/), but only for short term lease contracts of less than 30 days.

The credentials (user/password) for the connection to the Police website are provided to you by the Police only after having presented the documentation of the beginning of your activity to the Municipality.

For long term lease contracts of more than 30 days, the obligation to notify Police is absorbed by the registration of the lease contract, unless the guests are non-EU citizens: in this case, you will have to notify Police through the form "Communication for hospitality" (Comunicazione di ospitalità).

Peter1598
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Where do I present documentation of the beginning of the activity at the Municipality - I am in the Lucca area? Which office and where please?

you must present it in the municipal office

Peter1598
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thanks for that information. We have now resolved this by visiting the local Questura (Police Station) at the main town /city of the region. After many attempts to contact them by phone and email we called in, waited 30 mins, then met a helpful police officer who took our registration and explained the process clearly. Now up and running.

Hi Peter you are very lucky, our local questura  administrivia staff  are not friendly or  helpful. Please could you supply the website address we need. I have spent hours looking for this. We live in Umbria 

Thank you

Caroline

Its ok I think i may have finally found it 

Ok, but do you still have to register with the Municipal office if you are renting on a private basis using cedolare secca and not running it as a registered business? 

Peter1598
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

yes, think so, see previous posts..

No, it's still not clear to me...

"The credentials (user/password) for the connection to the Police website are provided to you by the Police only after having presented the documentation of the beginning of your activity to the Municipality."

But "activity" suggests to me a business activity and I understand that private tourist rentals are not considered to be a business...

Urgh...it's all so complicated! 😉