“...only spend money at Black-owned businesses.”

Mike323
Level 9
Middletown, PA

“...only spend money at Black-owned businesses.”

You can’t make this stuff up, I kid you not. Just when you think the absurdity meter is maxed out, the recommendation to ignore all businesses July 7th unless they’re black-owned is at the bottom of the page which boldly states “Battling discrimination on Airbnb” in big letters at the top. That is in addition to emailing hosts again on Independence Day how they can “fight discrimination”. 2+2=5?

Should guests listen to Airbnb and not book with any non-black property owners or managers July 7th? Would that just be for the night of the 7th, or would that apply to the date the booking was placed? (Ex: Apply to entire long term booking if house hunting on July 7th?)

https://www.airbnb.com/against-discrimination

Scroll down the page near the donate to BLM link which STILL takes donors to Actblue, and is STILL being promoted here despite being mired in corruption. Wonder why they moved it off the main page? Silent majority finally run out of patience and start pushing back?

Here’s a crazy idea that just might work. How about we just honor businesses that provide a quality product or service we value regardless of what color skin the owner has. This IS racism and it’s an assault on all races including black people who don’t want to be exploited. Just stop already. Treat people like people.

Is Airbnb purposely trying to drive this buss off the cliff with all off us on board?

How can it be that real discussion between hosts is continually being censored, coauthored, or developed by mods, while this kind of fraudulent fundraising for the democrat super pac is being pushed by the brand in our good name?

Evidently you’re a racist if you question failed logic or don’t address inequality by treating people unequally, got it? “And If the state says 2+2 is not 4 but 5, how many fingers do you see Winston?”

If you don’t get it, that’s good, it means you’re not brainwashed yet, and there’s still hope. It’s all going to come into to focus very soon for the masses.

It’s time to unmask the real sickness and corruption and those who willfully choose to protect or sponsor them.

People will be justifiably outraged when they learn the REAL reasons we we’re under “house arrest” and our businesses and economies were/are held hostage in shutdown mode, and our voices are being simultaneously silenced.

67 Replies 67

@Helen3 Helen, Im not sure it was expected, consistency hasn't really been a hallmark of our Mother Ship  as of late but it seemed appropriate and reasonable to support the host @Donald28  in this instance and make sure that guest never books again on the service.  They get a big thumbs up, I hope the response period can be cut down down soon, its hard to keep focused on something that happened days ago when you have new things and guests happening daily to add to the list.  Stay well, JR

As I have written to Airbnb before I am offended by them asking me to contribute to BLM since I do not support ANY Urban Terrorist Organization anywhere in the world.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Saul122  I suggest you read the information again.

Airbnb has not asked you to contribute to anything to do with BLM or any of the other causes they support.

BLM is not on any list of domestic US terrorist organisations. Can you link to evidence that shows that BLM has been defined by your government as a terrorist organisation?

It is a global movement set up to build local power to intervene in violence inflicted on Black communities by the state and vigilantes.

Not something most decent thinking people would disagree with.

@Donald28 That’s not the norm. Those jerks should be banned from the platform. Even I would have kicked them

out. They don’t represent the majority of us.

@Donald28 Sorry for this. But don't let the term get to you. It's used so often to try to break people into submission. You know your intent. Just as we should stand against racism we should also call BS when it's not.

Peggy112
Level 2
Chino Hills, CA

So spot on!!!  

yup

Saul122
Level 2
Alachua, FL

You should ask the 1000's people that have lost their businesses, vehicles burnt, have ended up in hospitals just because your "decent" organization has decided to attack them. It is incredible that your ignorance is precisely what the problem is. When a group of people causes terror in people's lives it is describe as Terrorism.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

So, you don't have any evidence that BLM is, as you call it, a domestic terrorist organisation. It hasn't been defined as such by your government. Sadly @Saul122  Just your own prejudices and ignorance.

It is not the movement's fault that many thousands around the world joined protests who were nothing to do with the cause, hijacked the protests and carry out wanton destruction. 

It was actually ANTIFA rather than BLM that your media and right wing politicians were blaming for the violence at the protests. Fact check reviewed BLM protests in more than 140 US cities and spoke with U.S. officials within the joint terrorism task force. Most of the violence, Jones said, was committed by “local hooligans, sometimes gangs, sometimes just individuals that are trying to take advantage of an opportunity.”

BLM has not been defined by your government as a terrorist organisation, nor has it been shown that they were responsible for the violence and looting at the protests and riots.

I am so sorry for you!!!

Well that was a pathetic assessment from @Saul122  that’s already been debunked by  the media and police investigators. You could start by educating yourself on who was really behind many of the lootings and car burnings. Hint, they weren’t the protestors or BLM organizers. Lord, I wish people would stop parroting the lazy sound bites curated from Fox News and Russian bots,

it’s been a lot of groups trying to discredit the protestors. And a lot of the ones arrested have been white outsiders.  But that’s an inconvenient truth huh?

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Our guests can’t read past the first line in our listing description. Are they really going to scroll all the way down to see this message? Lots to do about nothing

@Mike323  Airbnb supports re-segregation.  This is also evident in their so-called  "lighthouse project", which will collect all your personal information and sell it.  As we already know from facebook, if a tech company says they'll protect your privacy, they will do the opposite.

Mike323
Level 9
Middletown, PA

Just tagging this page’s posters @Dave52 @Inna22 @Christine615 @Saul122 @Helen3 

It’s ends when enough people wake up to what’s really going on.

The average person can do as good or better job than fake news “professionals” lots of documentation and filings are public. Find the common denominators. [look higher up the food chain]

Follow the money/power structure.

*off topic comments removed  - the Airbnb CC is a place for hosts to discuss and share tips around hosting and the Airbnb platform - please refer to the Community Guidelines before your next post*

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Mike323 ,

I sent you a DM last week if you don't mind having a check of it? Happy with your contributions but having a quick review of it will help us not need to remove parts that aren't inline with the CC guidelines. 

Many thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines