Optional extra pricing for add on services like wi-fi, hamper, flowers etc?

Answered!
Jess-and-Tim0
Level 3
Melbourne, Australia

Optional extra pricing for add on services like wi-fi, hamper, flowers etc?

Is there or WILL there be a function to for hosts to have custom additional add-ons so guests can opt-in to things like as purchase wifi, dinner, brekky pack or a hamper etc? I would like to have wifi an an optional add on only. Cannot see anything except for adding security deposit and cleaning charges.

It would be a customised area at the end of purchase... similar to how a customer can add a meal or extra baggage for your flights, or late check out etc.

1 Best Answer
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Jess-and-Tim0,

You can do this by putting the extra services you would like to offer in your listing.  If you wanted to offer a hamper for something like $75, have it in your description and then if a guest is interested, you can use the resolution center opyion of "request payment for additional services".  Unless it has been changed recently, Airbnb does not charge a guest or host fee on these charges.  Here is a Help Guide on using the resolution center: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/The-Resolution-Center-A-Community-Help-Guide-Request...

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

View Best Answer in original post

44 Replies 44
Patricia375
Level 1
Burleigh Heads, Australia

Oh I so agree! I have noted wi fi in amenities but there is nowhere to advise that there is a small charge. So I have written in the description but they dont read it. It even tells them how much. I have been getting reviews with accuracy wrong due to this. Can anyone suggest how to overcome this issue?

Thanks Patricia Gold Coast Australia

Don't offer wifi, remove it from your listing.

So far I have about 23% of guests asking about my wifi, but are not complaining. It is not affecting my bookings (fully booked to christmas)  and still currently 5 star ratings.

Everybody now has data on the phones, times are changing rapidly.

Cantrez0
Level 3
San Bruno, CA

I'm not sure if this is the correct venue for asking this but does anyone know if AirBnb ever intends to add an option for adding on "taxes" to the rental price? The way it is currently set up on Airbnb is that we have to incorporate the 13.24% hawaii tax into our nightly cost but when we do so it drastically raises the per night price which shows up when someone does a search. Since competition is steep where we are everyone tends to drop their prices to compete but ultimately, we all end up footing the bill for taxes (as compared to listings on vrbo which allows for adding taxes seperately). 

Since Airbnb tracks income and sends in 1099 tax forms to the IRS, it would be nice to get accurate taxes paid by the renters rather than the owners having to take the hit.

Michael1083
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Hi hosts, I am new to AIrbnb and new to San Diego. Our app "It's Borrowed" is for renting out items you own like Beach Gear, kayaks, surfboards, Bicycles, games, kid items, etc. I am starting a pilot in San Diego to see how Hosts are able to use our service to do add-ons for guests. We are also intrigued to see how add ons can be offered to other airbnbs around you. Basically, if you have 4 surfboards, you could rent 2 to your guests and 2 to guests down the road. Interested in hearing everyone's thoughts.

Mike

San Diego

Paul688
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

We are new to hosting on Airbnb. We have no wifi. After our first  17 guests 4 (23%) have asked us "do we have wifi?" or "what is our wifi password".  After we explain we don't have wifi, they have not complained and we are curectly still on a 5 star rating.

For me to connect a land line with an unlimited internet connection is is $70/m or more than $10/ guest on average.

I was considering a pocket wifi as an option, that the guest pays extra for a prepaid sim which I could provide at $15/2GB ... However the more I read, the more I feel it will only cause grief and complaints.

I am feeling times are changing rapidly and almost 100% of guests have data on their phones, 5 years ago this was not the case. The benefits of data for guests is to save them money on their phone data... But they now all have it.

I am hearing other host recieve complaints that the wifi was too slow, poor conections drop out, need tech support etc etc... 

For now I am holding out..... and if enough hosts do the same... soon it will become the new normal.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

I provide wi fi and cable in the next week I am provideing a cumputher and printer for guest to be able to see the lay out of the city they are staying an so on the place speak for it self one thing I like about Airbnb 

1) is a brand that allow us to use for a fee

2) we are a product that Airbnb allow for us to use thir brand 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Paul688When you say 'pocket Wi-Fi', do you mean Boradband versus hardline? I do offer 'limited' WiFi, meaning it is slow, forget streaming, etc. The guest (99%) have welcomed any Wi-Fi more than none at all, once I tell them the reality (being in the middle of nowhere, it's an island). Just a thought.

Paul688
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

Hi fred,

Being on an island... well thats a different matter as the guests mobile phones may not work.

Pocket wifi is a mobile broad band (cellular) device... They work basically like a mobile phone, but just for data and create a mobile wifi hotspot over the mobile (hand phone) network. Diferent countries use different terminolgy. But now the technology gives very good connections and speeds, it just cost a lot per GB of data. So guests could very easliy use $100 worth of data in an hour or two.

It sure can get out of hand in a jiffy. Hmm, yes maybe they can use their phone, safer. 😉

Sierra15
Level 2
Eugene, OR

While I wouldn't make someone pay extra for wifi, I would love to offer special things like a valentine's or holiday package. I would only want to go to the trouble of creating and offering it if they were going to use and appreciate it and pay a little extra for it, similar to how bnbs and hotels have Romance packages and what not. I want to offer this and suppose I would just give them a special offer, but want to make sure Airbnb is OK with it.

Kim628
Level 2
Lahti, Finland

I would like to have an option, to add an extra cost per day. To be clear, I have my home mobile for rent, but you can choose between two options - one just to stay in one place and the other to move from one place to another. To move it will cost you a little bit more. Is it possible to add that option as you add an extra person fee per day?

Family Floor
Joya7
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

How about extra charges for using the laundry? Can I take cash at the time of service?

Is there a posibility to charge additional add-ons or extra charges, like in VRBO, so guests can opt-in to purchase any extra service, before or during their stay.
I will need this option... so I can personalize my service to my guests. !!!
Will like to receive instructions in how to introduce this extra charges as also how to charge the security deposit, when the client is just doing the checkin.
is it posible to do it ?? .... Or should we ask ARBNB to add those functions   !!!?????

Martynas9
Level 2
kbh, Denmark

I am reopening this case, because we moved out from airbnb because of it. We need more extra services in order to operate.

Simsek0
Level 2
Washington, DC

Is there any improvement on this feature request? I am looking for something similar but no luck.