packages

Judy174
Level 1
Swan Valley, ID

packages

I have an international guest coming next month who wants to have packages delivered to my home of things they are unable to get in their home country.   How should I respond to this?    My concern is this.... I really have no where to store them, would not want to be responsible for them, and what if packages arrive after their visit?? I would then be responsible for shipping them?

What would you do?

4 Replies 4

@Judy174

Hmmmm.....as someone who is highly dependent on Amazon international shipping, I really understand your guests. BUT as a fellow host I completely agree that your concerns are valid. 

First, I think if I were the host, I'd consider how long those guests are staying. If they are staying for a week or longer, I would very very reluctantly say they can have packages delivered ONLY if they time the orders (or use prime shipping) so the packages are delivered during their stay. Tell them clearly you will not recieve/store/hold on to packages for them before or after their stay - anything that comes that is not yours will continue to sit out on the curb or you will refuse to accept (wrong address). No exceptions. And if you are inconvenienced because of their package deliveries in any way whatsoever, you will ask them to leave immediately with no refund. If they agree to these terms, then as long as they are present to recieve deliveries, I'd say order away. 

If they are staying with you 2~3 nights and want you to store packages for several weeks - don't have to think about it. This is a flat out NO. 

Thank you so much for you comment!   It was VERY HELPFUL!

Jann3
Level 10
Santa Rosa, CA

Many locations (towns) have Amazon Lockers... I would suggest that (If they are amazon items). I have a no-nonsense no-delivery policy. The one big thing is they can claim is that they never got them...that you took them. It's the host's worry in reverse (whether people will take things in your house).

I won't break this House Rule. No deliveries!

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Judy174 I have often allowed guests to ship Amazon packages here. They are usually small, and are no problem at all. There has never been an issue.