payout method and verification

Charlotte302
Level 1
Shanghai, China

payout method and verification

hi 

i am trying really hard to enter my payout info

however

1) i am being asked an IBAN which i dont have (banks in Hong Kong do not have IBAN) and it seems i cannot go past this step without entering an IBAN

2) i am asked to complete the verification steps however i dont know what to do, i already uploaded my id and a photo of myself, and received an email from airbnb saying the verification is complete, so what now?

4 Replies 4
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Charlotte302,

It looks like you'll have to contact Airbnb support to discuss the issues.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

James1138
Level 1
United States

I’m I’m having the same problem in Hong Kong HSBC. Anyone figure it out? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@James1138

I am including @Steve143 and @Charlotte302 here because this information may also be of use to you both.

You pose an interesting problem here James because Hong Kong is part of China but, this may be worth a try. If you use this link you can convert your bank account to an IBAN format in countries where the financial system uses IBAN!

http://www.creativeeyes.at/tools/iban.php

Now although this will convert your account to an IBAN format your bank may still reject it because some countries still do not use the IBAN format.

Here is a list of countries that use IBAN ......

https://www.xe.com/ibancalculator/countrylist/

Best to contact you bank and it is probable they will suggest you use a 'Swift' code instead of the IBAN which should be accepted! A Swift code is a 6 digit country, bank and branch identifier and finishes with your individual account number!

Cheers.....Rob

Hi James, did you end up figuring it out?