per person pricing

Ben19
Level 2
Krabi, Thailand

per person pricing

Hi Guys

Ive been renting out this 4 bedroom villa for 2 years on a per person price basis

So far so good

Normally

1-2 guests get the use of 1 bedrooms

3-4 guests get the use of 2 bedrooms

5-6 guests get the use of 3 bedrooms

7-8 guests get the use of 4 bedrooms

≈however a recent guest booked for 5 people, and asked for 4 bedrooms - I said that as per the listing text, to get the use of 4 bedrooms they must pay the price for 7-8 people

they said that its not clear enough in the listing text that this is the case

can anybody comment?

heres the link

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13567544

9 Replies 9
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Seems reasonably clear to me that they would need to book for 7 people, problem is that ABB is not set up to price the way you want to and Guest do not read the listing. So you need to fudge.

David
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Imho, @Ben19, pretty clear if the listing was like now at the moment of their booking. 

Consider creating multiple listings - for each room to avoid problems. There will be more and more challenging guests looking for bargains online...

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Ben19

In this case, wouldn't it be possible to factor in the actual extra costs and give them a special offer based on that ?

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Clear enough for me @Ben19 and the price for booking the extra bedroom is reasonable.

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

I tried this when I first listed and it never worked. It is impossible to set up a listing based on the number of rooms occupied when you are lisiting the entire house. I tried that too. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Yes, perhaps treating each place totally separate may be best.

So  if 5 guests want to book and use four rooms they would have to make a reservation for 7 guests. Seems clear enough. But, it could be rather confusing to some people who fail to read or comprehend the room requirements and just focus on the number of people in their party, which is how Airbnb reservations are designed.

How about: Pricing is per Double Bedroom. Four Double Bedrooms available :  2 guests max. per room.

Example: if you are three people who each want your own separate bedroom you need to book for six. 

Giving examples often works better than asking people to figure it out for themselves. But, whichever way you do there will always be someone who fails to understand. I would send a message as soon as a guest inquires or books and point this out.

From your example  "5-6 guests get the use of 3 bedrooms"  would be clearer to say  3 double bedrooms accomodate a minimum of 3 single guests or a maximum of  6 guests sharing a room at 2 guests max. per room.

Joss6
Level 1
Bergville, South Africa

How do one edit the price to state price per person and not price for the entire unit?  We do have a quest house with 12 different bungallows.  Each bungallow has a different setup.  The one for instance can sleep one couple and one child, this we have pricing per person sharing on those.  On AirBNB it seems to only give you an option of renting the complete unit for one price no matter if you are one or 3 people.  Can any one assist with this matter please.  Thank you.

@Joss6

It is under extra charges - extra guests