Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

potential guest who wants address before she verifies?

Allison13
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

potential guest who wants address before she verifies?

potential out-of-town guest wants to send her local daughter to check out the place bfore she reserves. she's guest has not yet verified. i won't give the address to her daughter before she verifies... trusting my gut. any thoughts?

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Allison13 You are wise to trust your gut! For privacy and security reasons you don't want to give out your address and it is the reason why Airbnb only gives it out to guests who have a confirmed reservation.  Providing you have sufficient and good pictures, that should suffice with providing guests adequate information on what your listing is like.  They can also send messages to you in an inquiry asking for any information they desire. 

That said, it is understandable that guest may want to have the listing checked out, especially if it's a long term stay.  For that reason, Airbnb gives a little wiggle room in their policy about it.  Here's what they have to say: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/47/what-should-i-do-if-a-guest-wants-to-see-my-place-before-book...

Hope this helps!

Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Allison13@Clare0 has said it all very well. 🙂

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Hi @Allison13,

Yes Alison the previous responses are excellent.  

There is another option as well.

It may be that there are specific issues such as access, stairs or something particular that the potential guest is concerned about.

Maybe they had a poor experience somewhere else, or a simple matter that needs clarity. Guests are paying in advance- sight unseen, it's natural some people are apprehensive. There is a lot of variation in hosts and venues and some bad publicity out there, as well as the good, so naturally a small few guests will have concerns.

Just write back and ask if there are particular matters which the guest is curious about and you may find that a couple of emails sort out any mutual concerns.

It's about helping guests and host make choices that match their needs and expectations.

Sincere Regards, Christine.