potential "guests" enquiries, don't respond after I answer them- rude and annoying!

Nancy22
Level 4
Quintana Roo, Mexico

potential "guests" enquiries, don't respond after I answer them- rude and annoying!

Not sure if anyone wants to comment on this, but we as hosts are rated on our response times, and yet 'guests' are not- with regards to enquires. Maybe I am just too sensitive, but man it makes me CRAZY when someone asks a bunch of questions, and never gets back to you on whether they are still interested or not? It is just plain rude- I think they should be scored/rated as well.  I do everything I can to make sure I answer all enquiries as soon as I can, frick I take the phone everywhere, but potential guests??? About 50% of the time I get no response after writing back to them. Thoughts anyone?

20 Replies 20

Oh!! okay I didn’t know that. Thanks!!

Tracy-and-Steve0
Level 3
West Palm Beach, FL

@Nancy, I have found the same thing.  It is making me not trust people who just send inquiries, like they're just fishing or something.  

Yes, exactly. I think the one-way expectation of hosts to respond to every inquiry, and quickyl,  is not fair.  Guest enquiries should have to respond as well- even with just a thank you! 

Charlotte217
Level 2
East End, United Kingdom

Hi Nancy and everyone

Just to say this is my first foray into the hosting community because as a new host I have been as infuriated as Nancy by potential guests not replying after I have sent information and responses to their questions.  I feel better now that I know that I am not alone in this respect and that the best approach is to think that those who don't answer are not the sort of guests you want anyway!

Cheers

Charlotte

Kristina7
Level 2
Neskollen, Norway

Totally agree.Drives me crazy aswell 🙂

Nancy22
Level 4
Quintana Roo, Mexico

Yupp Charlotte, these folks are ' tire kickers' and I wish we had a way to grade them on their 'performance '