price advertised verses price listed

Katherine277
Level 1
North Little Rock, AR

price advertised verses price listed

I have a specific listed price with no discounts or smart pricing. My home is advertised at a much lower fee than my listed price and I cannot get customer service to understand that I do not want poeple to pay 50% less than I have my home listed for.  I have asked for the change to reflect what I have my home listed for but merely moments after I submit my conversation it is viewed as closed. Is anyone else having this problem? I am getting very frustrated! I only want my home booked for the price that I have it listed and not varied prices that are viewed 40%-50% lower than I have it listed! 

It has only been recent that this has been happening. Mainly this week! I have had many successful bookings and stays at my home; it has been staying pretty booked through 2018.

4 Replies 4

@Katherine277 what is your price supposed to be?

I noticed that the nightly rate is $100 for all available dates in July, but is close to $50 for some dates in August.

I believe that if a guest does not specify dates when searching, the Airbnb system will show the lowest price coming in the near future.

When I don't specify dates, your listing shows $52. If I specify any date in July the price is $100.

That indicates there is some night in the near future that costs $52.

What had you intended your price to be?

@Katherine277

I suggest that you go to your calendar to check how your pricing is set for future dates. Not just the base price but also for specific dates in your calendar. Maybe you made a mistake with your pricing (did not update properly) or maybe there was a glitch in the ABB system that wreaked havoc on your prices.

I had time to check your listing and found the same thing as @Matthew285 - no dates showed $52/night at the top right side of the page but July 29 was $100/night, Aug 29 was $50/night, Sept 29 was $100/night. I think your pricing for Aug is mostly somewhere between $50~64/night.

Hope this helps~

Katherine277
Level 1
North Little Rock, AR

Hey thanks for checking it out and your information. I did go through the days to make corrections. I don’t know why I get so confused with this system but I do. Again, Thanks for checking it out! 

Katherine 

Judith608
Level 2
Llandre, United Kingdom

I decided to see how easily someone could find my listing. It was really difficult to find, in fact it was missed out altogether, though my search criteria were quite specific, and then to add another dimension of confusion, I saw that the map tag advertised it at a different price than the price asked if I clicked on the location tag, so someone looking for a different price bracket would have overlooked it even if they had managed to track it down. is this a common thing?