pricing

pricing

Hi, my listing has two advertised pricing levels, minimum and maximum. Minimum is $50 for twin-share. Or the entire apartment (5 rooms) can be hired for $250 where 8 guests could occupy. This latter is advertised as maximum price. One guest has a confirmed accommodation (paid for) for $50. I immediately replied saying that guest has booked the minimum price that accommodates only 2 guests. But the guest continues to argue that he has paid for already and that I have to provide the entire place for $50 for 8 of his guests. He further says that he entire booking fee will be lost. Now the guest is asking a total refund as I declined to accept his price for 8 guests. Web site however has accepted the minimum booking price and has stated as confirmed!

The problem is partly due to the fact that the system has no facility to give details of maximum listing price. In my view, the system should allow to explain what maximum price entails? At present, this does not. However, minimum price tag has a drop-down menu where host could specifiy for how many guests the minimum price applies for.

Do you not consider that maximu price listing should allow a drop-down menu to give details of this price tag and how many guests occupy at this price? 

Do I have to make a full refund to the guest on this occasion?

1 Reply 1
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Anura1

Unlist your listing until you sort out the problems, you need to read how airbnb works.

You listing is for the entire place sleeping upto 8 with the price the same for 1 guest or 8 guests, If you want to rent seperate rooms in the place you need a listing for each room.

Lots of information on how to set up a listing below.

Community-Help-Guides