private listing

Answered!
Constanta0
Level 1
Miami, Florida, United States

private listing

Is it possible to have a offline listing that can only be shared privatly to make reservations?

Not public to the internet?

Thank you in advance=d 

1 Best Answer

If I am not mistaken, all that data should already be registered in airbnb and there should be no need for you to send it. It is also extremely suspicious how they are asking you to pay before seeing the place. If you ask me, those are red flags all around.

View Best Answer in original post

48 Replies 48

Janet1221
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

The general pattern for scammers goes like this:

1) You respond to an add on a property rental webite

2) They send you an email asking for info about yourself to prove you are genuine

3) They say your can't view the property because they are out of town, but the transaction can be done via Airbnb

4) If you ask for more details about the property they don't provide them

5) Instead they explain how Airbnb works (or doesn't!!) in ever more patronising terms - the less sophisticated ones may start shouting at you (using capitals)

Be very suspicious if:

The rental price is too good to be true

You can't reconcile the pictures on the add with the streetview of the address (e.g. balcony fret work, window frame colours etc)

Hey thanks. I encountered a similar situation.

Huge fraud just caught so be careful guys and I got blocked by the person as well.Screenshot_20210902-105236.jpg

Similar situation. A lady on the email sent me this link. **

Please suggest if this is fake or not?

**[Link removed - Community Center Guidelines]

Ray1617
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Hi I feel like Im dealing with a similar

situation. Here's the link, if anyone could help would be great.  https://airbnb.toronto-condo-rentals.com/c018/bright-1-bedroom-1-bathroom-condo-in-downtown-toronto/...

@Ray1617  That isn't an Airbnb URL. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's a false link 

Hi, i was wondering if you could tell me if this i a genuine link or not?

https://airbnb-rooms.87236723934uk76522372.xyz/rooms/template.php?kode=SP245SC636&ukode=49990478

No! False

Jutta141
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Hey, I already have a very bad feeling with this as I cant get to the app from here, and because of the numbers afyer the airbnb. But I wanted to ask if you can confirm that this is fake:

https://airbnb.345345345rooms.eu/676f/beautif
ul-2-room-apartment-kempen/cb1f5b?gid=0c40a2

It is, my company firewall just come up (it allows me to enter the regular Airbnb)

I have a situation with a host that claims that in order to view that apartment I  "must pay the first month rent and security deposit to Airbnb." I found this listing on facebook and was given her email contact. She is asking for some personal information like a picture of my drivers license, age, phone number, and full name. She is saying that after I send this, she can conclude the lease agreement with Airbnb and an Airbnb agent will contact me to pay for the booking.

I am looking to rent long term but I am afraid of getting scammed. I cant find her apartment listing on Airbnb and I want to know if this is normal and if I should give her my personal information over email?

Please help me out!!

If I am not mistaken, all that data should already be registered in airbnb and there should be no need for you to send it. It is also extremely suspicious how they are asking you to pay before seeing the place. If you ask me, those are red flags all around.

why are you even talking about NON-AIRBNB addresses?