problem collecting payment from guest?????

Mary347
Level 2
Troy, NY

problem collecting payment from guest?????

Hi Community:

Can someone please help? I'm recovering from a horrible situation with a guest only to learn I'm not getting paid at all it seems. She booked 3/2-5/7 but wanted to leave early so she altered her stay to leave 4/5. I will spare you the details on how unreasonable, borderline evil she was during her stay. I was shocked to learn that the $3500 I thought was in my account was never sent and that airbnb  doesnt intend to pay. I've been a superhost for 5 years and manage several apartments which means I make airbnb a lot of money. I can hardly believe I got this automated email below. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary

Hi Mary,
The attempt to charge your guest, D, for the amount due for reservation HM9MFWPM28 from March 7, 2018 - April 5, 2018 was unsuccessful. The reservation is still active at this time, and we've sent D an email alert with a direct way to pay the balance.
If your guest successfully submits payment, we'll send you a confirmation email right away. If you have questions about the payment problem, you can reach out to your guest.
If your guest doesn't successfully submit payment or if they cancel the reservation before making the payment, Airbnb isn't liable for issuing your host payout. If you prefer to cancel the reservation, you can cancel without penalty at any time before the trip begins. If the reservation has started and you'd like to cancel, please send us a note.
We appreciate your understanding.
Regards,
The Airbnb Team
16 Replies 16
Liliana167
Level 2
Downey, CA

I’m also going with out payment right now. My guest booked and then altered the booking to add 2 people and Airbnb says that that’s the reason why they are getting an error message when they submit for payment. 😞 

they stayed 6 nights and it’s been a week since they left and Airbnb is still “trying to contact “ the guest . But I think I’m out luck on this one and I’m out of $520 . Bummer , I don’t know what else to do 

Rob325
Level 2
Deerfield Beach, FL

It's unbelievable how Airbnb washes its hand from paying hosts.  I had a guest book for one night, and the next morning submitted an alteration which went through.  I never got paid for any bit of the stay and weeks later after much complaining to Airbnb (I am a superhost).  They responded with this gem:  Unfortunately, we have been unable to collect your guest’s full payment for reservation HMDC28AMSS. We have provided the guest with instructions on how to complete the payment, but we are still waiting for them to resolve the issue. At this time, the guest currently has until 13 March to complete the payment due for their reservation.

Unfortunately, if we are unable to collect the guest’s full payment, we may not be able to compensate you in full for this reservation until the full amount is recovered.