"CALL BACK" Feature Works Like a Charm!!!

Momi0
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

"CALL BACK" Feature Works Like a Charm!!!

@Lizzie0

I just discovered that Airbnb now has a "CALL BACK"  Feature when I used the Mobile app to choose the option "Contact Us" on my current guests reservation because my Pay Out amount was not paid correctly.  No more holding onto my phone, as I try to multi task doing other things all while listening to that same delightful ABB music I have heard for the last 2 years.  haha

Talk about easy, to be able to simply click with 3 steps on the mobile app to get a "Call Back".  It even told me the call back would happen in under 10 mins and it did.  They called me back within 3 mins and within a few more minutes the pay out issue error was resolved!  

Its impressive to see the efforts Airbnb is putting into developing new features for hosts!  The customer service employee was professional, kind and very quick to say "Thank you Momi for being such a hardworking Superhost. "  Not sure if Gretchen will ever see my post, but I personally want to thank her for being such a great example of 5 Star customer service.  She too was thrilled to hear that the new Call Back Feature worked and was telling her colleagues this good news while she was on the phone with me. 

I'm ok with paying host fees when I discover more call centers are being opened up around the world, new features being added to the website and mobile app, making me an even bigger fan of Airbnb!   Thank you to the company that made my dreams come true to pursue a new career in hospitality, culinary arts and broadening my circle of friends to countries all over the world.   XOXOXO

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

15 Replies 15
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Momi0

This is very cool!!! Thanks for the heads up 🙂

@Andrea9  Anytime I can help you its a plus plus for me and many hosts....because I know you will spread the word and god knows we NEED to spread the word on this CC.  Guess how many posts were written just this week alone by hosts asking..."How the heck do I reach Airbnb?"  or "Why can't I find a way to contact Airbnb!"...and this one is my favorite...."Why does Airbnb hide their contact information on their website?"

Guess what hosts......THEY DON"T !  Right @Andrea9   - all a host has to do is go to the HELP section of their account and type in "How to contact Airbnb"  - I did that my first week of hosting back in 2015 and have been calling ABB ever since with absolutely no problem at all.

Remember hosts, ABB now has a CALL BACK feature......you can use it the same way as going to the HELP section and choosing the option "CONTACT US."  That link will take you directly to the page on their website that gives you the option to click on "REQUEST A CALL BACK....easy peasy.

EDITED:  to fix typo

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Jaqueline8
Level 2
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom

Unfortunately I have not had a good experience so far with call back-I could not understand the caller due to accent and a bad line quality-after several attempts I managed to ask her to please call me on my landline-she agreed and said would be 5 minutes-I am still waiting by the 'phone over an hour later!-I have a serious issue with a guest and having a stressful time .I am new to Airbnb and finding information re the resolution dept.hard to find.

@Jaqueline8  I am so sorry to hear this.  Was the accent an American one? haha.  Sorry, just wanted to make you chuckle a bit since we think that you folks living in UK have an accent that might be too hard to understand as well.   (Not for me since I grew up in Europe too). 

Perhaps I can help....what's going on with your guests situation?  I have been through just about every situation you can think of....including a guests wanting to walk around naked in MY HOME where I live with a young daughter and husband.  LOL!!  Seriously, how can I help?

Also, I have a helpful idea.  If you can try your call again today, most likely you will get someone you do understand.  IF not, you can always try posting a private message to Twitter by writing @AirbnbHelp.   They can help you through writing back privately.  

Looking foward to hearing back from you. 

Aloha, Momi

Jaqueline8
Level 2
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom

Hi Momi-thanks for your comments-it is early days in this matter and today I had an email from Airbnb saying guests concerned have declined to pay-which I knew from my previous communications with the guest.I will now wait to get receipt from plumber tomorrow after he has fitted the replacement unit and take it from there.

I am new with Airbnb so the resolution bit is a learning curve and it had not been 3 days so perhaps this is why I did not get a further call back.

The call back lady did not have an American accent!-it was more a very bad line quality in conjungtion with the accent!

I am hopeful of a fair out come -I am more upset that I was not told of the damage really and then a denial and it has had to come to this.I went out of my way big time to accomodate these guests as they had been let down apparently and couldn't get any where for 9 and 3 cars-they turned up with 4 cars and my neighbour got very upset -any way all a learning curve-I won't go on with the rest.

Thanks for your interest

Kind regards

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is great to hear @Momi0! Plus, it is always nice to hear a walk-through of the process.

The team are really busy at the moment working on updates, so it is fantastic to hear your kind comments. 🙂

Thank you.

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie   Aawwwww thats so sweet of you to take the time to send me this message.  I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciated having that call back so I could keep my focus on my family instead of holding the phone and listening to that same music over and over ! HAHAHAHA  Bet you can guess I won't be missing that. 

Aloha, Momi

Jude7
Level 10
Rhinebeck, NY

I'm so glad you shared this, @Momi0, as a balance to the many, many complaints about Airbnb and customer service that you read about here.  I myself have had nothing but positive experiences.  I feel acknowledged and appreciated as a Superhost, my calls have been answered with courtesy and promptness, (one or two rings) and with any minor issues I've used Twitter, and have received a timely response, often in the form of a phone call, rather than a tweet.  For those who have said being a Superhost is overrated, I will continue to work hard to maintain that status, because I believe it is the reason my customer service experience has been so uniformly excellent.

Like you, I have had only wonderful experiences with guests.  In fact, when asked during the review process if there's anything else I'd like to share, my standard response is - "Another wonderful hosting experience!"  I would attribute my success to having a well-written listing, one that clearly describes my perfect guest, and to having enough of an exchange prior to accepting a request to establish a relationship.  I also take responsibility for my property as a business owner, and see Airbnb as merely a platform that generates leads.  Although I honor the privacy of  my guests once they arrive, they have all come with respect for me and my property already in place. No Intant Booking for me! 

When I first began hosting and startedc off by reading these forums, it left me with a sense of unease after reading of the many problems and complaints that people have had.  After having maintained Superhost status for 5 quarters, I feel I have enough experience to say that the Airbnb process has been nothing but positive for me.

Thank you, @Momi0, for being a fresh voice here.  It's appreciated.

Jude

Rhinebeck, NY

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/18961523

@Jude7  WOW!!!  your post just made my day!  Thank you for everything you wrote......I teased my husband to say that a Superhost in NY thinks I have a "fresh voice".  LOL....he teased back and said you have always been fresh.....I think he meant in a sassy way.  But I also know he is not complaining bc that same fresh voice has made him laugh too LOL!!!! - again, thank you for taking the time to write and tagging me. 

Congrats on making Superhost....and yes, I agree 100% with you, being a Superhost does have it perks and I have had nothing but fantastic experience with Airbnbs' customer support for the last 2 years since I made Superhost my very first quarter in 2015. That being said, I do agree that the recent improvements they have made on their mobile app have benefited every host and that's the most important especially when other hosts tell me they've encountered hold times for over an hour plus.  YIKES......

And for the record, your listing is A M A Z I N G! 

Everything you wrote and how you wrote is just so welcoming.  I loved reading it.  Now I want to be YOUR guests.  🙂

P.S.  I would love to know how did you get those Black Dots into your listing to highlight things?  It won't allow me to do that but sure wish it would.  I have tried many times to separate things within the Headings of Airbnb listing. 

Aloha, Momi

Mary687
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

1. is this still working? cant find it in the contact us section? thanks
Gerry67
Level 1
Norwich, United Kingdom

I got the call back from AirBnb it says press any number to continue.  If you press any key it terminates the call!!!!

Pedro-H-0
Level 2
Salvador, Brazil

It seems like the "call back" feature is no longer available. That's a shame. I live in Brazil, but local support is pretty terrible and, because US toll free is not available abroad, "call back" was pretty much the only way I could get on the phone with Airbnb. Now I can only call Airbnb Brazil, which is paid long distance, knowing beforehand they won't be able to help because they're simply not as well trained.

I had to resort to online chat support which was a bad, bad choice. So not only can I not find the answer to the question I have but now I can't call Airbnb or have them call back, can't rely on their chat support as you can see from the screenshots, and can't rely on their Brazilian support team either. Feels as though Airbnb is saying, "we don't care". =(

[Private conversation hidden as per the community guidelines]

Sandra369
Level 2
Athy, IE

This call back feature has removed and without warning or notification. I've had a few problems lately and have been told in writing that they want hosts to use the self help center. If possible could people give Airbnb feedback on the form on the site that hists need this feature.

Kind regards

Sandra

Patrick609
Level 2
Galway, Ireland

Bring back the call back service. It was one of my favourite features. Airbnb seem to be doing away with all the convenient features that made them a pleasure to deal with.