"Checkpoint"

"Checkpoint"

I want to ask what "Checkpoint" means alongside an attempted reservation

5 Replies 5
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

That is interesting @Simon15.  Do you have a screenshot you could share?

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

David503
Level 1
Chicago, IL

I just saw the same thing for the first time. What does it mean? 

Jesus236
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

@Simon15  @David503 Hello.  To your check point question that i can answer. A check point means that the guest has a “Pending ID verification” like a (Drivers License .. passport etc..) with Airbnb, however Airbnb has accepted his or her payment already, so they blocked that reserved date for the time being. 

So to shorten that. It means airbnb needs to make sure that person is legit but in the mean time, having a hold on their money and reserving that date until they make a decision. 

Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

This just came up in another thread as well, making me think its another fun new rollout we're surprised with. I don't remember them ever HOLDING a reservation for verification for up to 12 hours! This is insane. I have someone I already denied who I believe they then booted off, created a new profile and are pending verification for tomorrow. I don't do instant book so I'll just deny this one again if it goes through, but I'd really like to have my calendar OPEN!!!

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salut @Simon15

Also, if it is possible, you could see this conversation : 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/What-is-checkpoint-status/m-p/95424#M29210 

Thanks, 

Miloud