"Instant Booking" guests are claimed by AirBnb to be "reviewed by host(s)" but only 1 is needed!

Amy-and-Sean1
Level 2
Seattle, WA

"Instant Booking" guests are claimed by AirBnb to be "reviewed by host(s)" but only 1 is needed!

My first attempt at "Instant Booking" allows a young man and his three other "adults" book with one review.  I message him about his plans for his visit here and his companions and recieve no response.  Shall I cancel?  Will there really be no penalty?  I find little info from AirBnb regarding this. 

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Amy-and-Sean1

Why not wait for his response first - then if you are uncomfortable you can contact AirBnB and get them to cancel for you. I know they say you have 3 penalty free cancellations on IB, but it seems from others experience that it doesn;t alwasy work that way. Give the guests time to respond.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Amy-and-Sean1,

Nice to meet you. 

When are you guests due to arrive? If there is still quite some time, it might mean that they are just finalising their plans and will get back to you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.