"Levels"?

C-C0
Level 10
Memphis, TN

"Levels"?

How can you tell what level you are & why are there levels?
27 Replies 27
Sarah803
Level 6
Whangaparaoa, New Zealand

I've only just joined Air bnb in the past few months and enjoying the extra income but it is disappointing to see that to move up in the ranks you need to be posting and commenting - I currently have little of value to contribute and am not the kind  of person to post a lot - I don't do it on Facebook or any other platform - for me the thing I'm enjoying about putting my place up as an Air bnb destination is meeting so many amazing and diverse people and in my few short months I've met people from all over the world - I love it from that perspective but in this community I'm a level 1 and guess I'll probably stay there - I hope it doesn't affect my Air bnb hosting though!

I would rather see stats like:

- Number of properties listed over all time. For example, someone who has hosted three different types of listings has more insight than someone who has only hosted one property ever.

- Number of bookings hosted. Not number of people, but number of bookings. Someone with 150 bookings knows more than someone with 5.

But also the option to opt out of having that information shown.

I would agree

@Sarah803, you mention something about moving up in the ranks - I thought the levels were just about how many posts you had made or answered, e.g. purely volume - how much time do you spend (waste!) on the forum?  Is there some benefit to it?  I haven't noticed it myself but perhaps there's something I've missed.

I usually look at the CC once a day and I try to answer questions which seem to be "orphans" e.g. no one answering them, or I like to chip in on interesting ones, and occasionally I try to soothe ruffled feathers or give a compliment to some of the people who take their time to write really thoughtful and informative replies to help their fellow hosts.  And I have gotten a LOT of good advice from other hosts here on the forum.  But I think I'm "level 10" just because of the frequency with which I participate, nothing more. 

Tracy161
Level 2
Liverpool, United Kingdom

Hi all,

I have been a host on airbnb for a week. 

Still trying to find my feet, but enjoying the whole thing immensely. 

I hope that when I get a bit more knowledge and experience I'll be able to pass on little pearls of wisdom. Haha. 

Regards Lynne 

Wow Tracy that’s awesome. You’ve only been a host for a week and already you’re a superhost?  Please tell me your secret. 

Suzanne272
Level 2
Champéry, Switzerland

I was unable to access that link too!

David336
Level 2
Quartz Hill, CA

Yes C C. What is up with levels. Has it something to do with all the times a resin posted or something with superhost?? 

Do the levels affect how your property shows up in searches?

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Audra-And-Bret0,

In theory the levels here, do not affect your search-ranking on Airbnb.

Having said this though. I do recall reading somewhere once: Community activity does have a positive impact on your search-ranking.

Maybe this can simply be explained by more direct referrals to your listing.

How does this work: You can bet on it, quite a few visitors of the Community here may check out the profile of a poster, followed by looking at the listing of the poster.

The statistics engine of Airbnb, may regard such a page-view as a direct referral (as if someone found the listing through Google or any other site).

It is known, the search engine to appreciate a higher level of direct referrals to a listing.

More posts (and therefore most likely a higher level in the Community here) >> More visitors of the Community looking at the listing of the poster >> Higher Search Ranking.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Cor3 for stepping in here. 

Hello @Audra-And-Bret0,

Just to confirm, the levels mentioned here are based on your activity here in the Community Center, so number of posts, thumbs up, most helpful answers etc. Everyone coming into the CC for the first time, begins at level 1.

These levels are not linked to your listing's ranking in search on Airbnb. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kim963
Level 2
Reno, NV

Hi, Just posting to see what my 'level' is.  Didn't even know this existed until looking for Superhost info.  I am a VRBO Premier Partner, 90% of my bookings come through VRBO www.vrbo.com/24751.  I am on both sites however Airbnb clearly has a slim chance to get my bookings so likely I will never be able to be a Superhost because of that.  Anyway, I sent a message to Airbnb suggesting that they consider making VRBO Premier Partners Superhosts, similar to how Airlines will make high ranking flyers on other airlines a high status on theirs in order to get their business.  Yeah well, still waiting for a response from Airbnb.  Have been hosting on VRBO since 2002 in Los Gatos, CA.  Kim

Julia346
Level 2
Asheville, NC

Is there any indication that the levels do in fact have an impact on our listings in some way? If so, does a regular participation in these forums up your Level?