"New Lower Price" on search Map and in Listing

Richard531
Level 10
California, United States

"New Lower Price" on search Map and in Listing

In a general search as a guest in a particular market, some listings have this little "ticket" on their prices in the map (see small arrows on the map).  Then, when you select a listing with the "ticket" (large arrow) it pertains to the listing on the left (arrows at the price and the "new lower price" notation).  The "regular" prices is crossed out and a less-expensive alternative is presented.  

These listings are being presented to guests as being some sort of "deal" with a "new lower price" on the listing itself.  How did these listings get that distinction?  

This screen shot is super rudimentary but it's the view as a guest would be searching.  I hope this shows you what I'm talking about:

new lower price.png

3 Replies 3
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Richard531 I have a promotion option on the calendar view. You can only run the promotion of your base price. I have tried it on two of my listings with really solid booking history data and saw absolutely no increase in bookings.

Richard531
Level 10
California, United States

@Inna22  It sounds like a deliberate promotion on the calendar view from the host is what makes this happen.  Curious that you've had zero positive results from trying it.  If anyone else has any further ideas or comments bring them on!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Richard531 I started a promotion after this chat for the first week of March. No action so far