"Pets Allowed" filter is not working for some listings

Robb6
Level 2
San Diego, CA

"Pets Allowed" filter is not working for some listings

Hi All, 

Just a heads up that I found out a few days ago that the Pets Allowed search filter is not returning my listing in the results even though I have the filter turned on. (I allow pets) According to Airbnb, more listings are also affected so you may want to check yours if you allow pets. 

I called Airbnb customer service and they said it is a bug in the system and they are working on it, but don't yet know why it is happening. They said it is not just my listing but many more as well. I don't know how they are measuring this or perhaps just trying to make me feel better. (which it isn't) So for now, anyone wanting a pet friendly accomodation will never see my listing and there's nothing I can do about it. 

15 Replies 15
John1574
Level 10
Providence, RI

@Robb6

I love it when you expose bugs in the system, Rob.  Lol

Can you share how you discovered this.  I want to check mine.

I'm pretty new to AirBnB and half my bookings have been because I'm "pet Friendly"  I need toknow that all is working as it should.

Let's stay on this bug.

Inquireing minds want to know.

Thumbs up if you like a post.

I noticed because I had a significant drop in inquiries over the last month and it's usually fairly busy this time of year here. I started xhecking to see where my listing was in the search and couldn't find it at all. I started removing filters and low and behold. When I removed the pet filter, it was the second listing. I did my due diligence and made sure everything was correct on my end and it was.  I called customer service a week ago and hoped they would get it corrected, but when I checked again last night, it's still not working. Called them again. I'll keep you updated.

Unfortunately, it's happening again (or still). Last night, I was searching in West Yellowstone, and the pet allowed filter was there. Now, today, it's gone. I just gave up on searching because I'm not going to contact every potential property to ask. 

I noticed this today... its gone again. its DEC 2021

I tweeted them last week, as well as sent an email.  Got a response that they are going to fix it but still nothing.  The filter dropped off last month as I was searching listings.  Their response said "oh, I see we've had a number of other messages about this."  I'm glad I'm not a host or I'd be pissed at the lack of response.  I'll just use VRBO for the next few months of traveling.  

I am trying to search as a renter in Dec. 21 and I have to read through each listing because there is no “pets allowed” filter for me either. It’s impossible to do it this way. 

Anne1177
Level 1
Portland, OR

I’m also running into the same problem with a place in Manhattan.

I have to message the host before sending a booking request to them.

This is a waste of my time having to spend 12+ hours because of the time difference to just do my own “filtering” just to find out they don’t allow pets. 

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Anne1177  Actually it's an AirBnB programming issue. They use the host's that do not accept pets to filter the rentals. The problem is that many hosts have never stated whether they Do or Don't accept pet's, so they get included into the filter for Pet Friendly even though they are not. All AirBnB needs to do to fix this is have the programming filter on Yes we accept pets, not the No we do not accept pets. I have told them this, but no one listens to little ole' me ;D 

Nichole32
Level 2
Chandler, AZ

There is nono filt option on my Pixel. 😡

this is also annoying for guests like myself who have the 'pets allowed' filter turned on for listings.  I have to read through the entire listing to see if pets are allowed, it's a waste of my time considering I'm trying to book something for tomorrow and have 2 small dogs that need to travel with me.

Jennifer1796
Level 1
Denmark, SC

yep  same thing here.  really annoying.  why don't they fix it?

Robb6
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Just thought I'd jump back in here now that it has been about a year since the original problem, I agree with Letti that this seems to be the most plausible cause. My listing started showing up again with the Pets allowed filter on shortly after my last post. No reason or explanation, it just did. Since then, it happened intermittently, but each time I called it seemed to resolve itself even though customer service offered no remedies. 

Verneen0
Level 2
Mazatlán, Mexico

We were trying to book a pet friendly place but there is also no filter for a guest to LOOK for a pet friendly home.  So that has also disappeared

@Verneen0  Apparently if you start your search by indicating the number of guests and pets, you will only be shown pet friendly listings.

But removing the pet filter was just dumb.