"Pets Allowed" ticked but not appearing in search

Sue679
Level 2
Almondbury, United Kingdom

"Pets Allowed" ticked but not appearing in search

Hi...

not sure what to do. guest emailed to ask if i allowed pets, i said yes and that it was an option on my listing, guest says my property doesnt show up if she chooses the search filter for dogs allowed.

I have checked the listing and "Pets Allowed" is definitely checked, so what do i do.. i want it to show up if people search for dog friendly homes???

2 Replies 2
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Sue679 Hi your place is really nice Sue but, when looking at your listing it is NOT clear or even apparent that you allow dogs. yes, you write if someone is allergic to dogs here......etc. .. is a dog living here. But, if you want it clear you might add in your title PET friendly, dog friendly, dog welcomed, or something like that --- I don't read anything in your listing that dogs are allowed and invited/encouraged so just by checking a box it is NOT enough obviously. I don't allow dogs so this is purely my take on it all. Your profile is a dog, and one seen in one photo - And as many hosts say - guests don't read......it must be very evident and if I were traveling with a dog I would not think your place is for animals. I probably would call ABB and ask them how you best remedy the situation. But, title and photo saying dogs welcome or something is easy. Happy hosting, Clara

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Sue679, your place comes up for me if I search in West Yorkshire with the 'Pets allowed' filter checked. It is way down the list, so maybe your guest just didn't see it.