"RARE FIND, this place is usually booked"... but only 1 review??

Dionne26
Level 1
Amstelveen, Netherlands

"RARE FIND, this place is usually booked"... but only 1 review??

Hi everyone,

I am renting out a cottage in the Netherlands and was checking out some other houses in the region to see how they compare. And I stumbled upon quite a few houses that had the label "rare find" but only had one or just a few reviews. That doesn't sound very logical to me.

Anyone know how this actually works? Are people buying this label?

Many thanks,

Dionne

3 Replies 3
Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Could be that they had long term bookings or just no reviews. I just went over my first year point and had that tag after my 2nd guest. It went away last month when I started blocking a day before and after for preparation. I got burnt out with same day turnovers. I don't know how it works but that's my situation. I think it did make a difference in bookings as a few guests actually mentioned the tag. I wonder if it'll come back when I stop blocking. 

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

One of my neighbors runs airbnb for almost 3 years and has only 30 reviews. It's not a long term.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Did you check their calendar to see how many days were not available during a given month?  Although it doesn’t mean guests actually booked the nights (as they could have been blocked for other reasons) it might give you a clue if there are, say, more than 50% unavailable in the recent past.